Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

stock amp

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:10 AM

stock amp help help help

i searched and i cant find it but im pretty sure i saw it some where but i have a 2lt and have the 7 speaker system and are all the speakers and the sub running off the amp and if i bypass the amp will i be able to tap int the wires like a remote and the speaker level conections for a converter for rca jacks thanks for any info

Last edited by cjnappo; 02-10-2006 at 12:50 AM. Reason: need people to read and help
Old 02-09-2006, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by cjnappo
i searched and i cant find it but im pretty sure i saw it some where but i have a 2lt and have the 7 speaker system and are all the speakers and the sub running off the amp and if i bypass the amp will i be able to tap int the wires like a remote and the speaker level conections for a converter for rca jacks thanks for any info
The radio feeds low level audio signals to the amp and the amp sends amplified audio to all of the speakers. I'm not sure I understand the rest of your question. As you can see from the wring, the system is very friendly to upgrading.

I've posted the schematics of the radio and amp wiring here:

http://n8zcc.com/pics/HHR/Radio.gif
http://n8zcc.com/pics/HHR/Audio_Amp.gif
Old 02-09-2006, 08:26 AM

I've posted some info about using the stock amp.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/direct-wiring-2006-hhr-7-speaker-system-amp-740/

I'm getting ready to install a CarPuter in my 2LT and wire it up to the stock amp, will post pictures and progress soon.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:37 PM

okay

well i want to install a new sub and mono block amp for the sub and i want to tap into the unamplified audio signal for a line conversion (rca jacks) and also use the remote that turns the amp on to turn on the new amp will i still be able to use the factory amp for the other speakers together with the new amp and do what i want
Old 02-10-2006, 12:53 AM

somebody read and help

please give me any knowledge that you have
Old 02-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Banned

What more help do you need? You have the wiring diagrams.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
What more help do you need? You have the wiring diagrams.
I'm wondering the same thing myself.

Here is more help for you, this is a picture of all the audio connectors and the pinouts, I don't know what else we (as in this board) can do for you.

http://n8zcc.com/pics/HHR/Audio_Connectors.pdf
Old 02-10-2006, 08:11 PM

you know what

im sorry that im not so intelligent as you folk are but you dont have to be rude i cant beleive you guys even have any friends im not a fuking audio person i run a resturant and im sorry if i need things to be explained to me thanks for the hyrogliffiks and i think ill ask someone else
Old 02-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned

im sorry that im not so intelligent as you folk are but you dont have to be rude i cant beleive you guys even have any friends im not a fuking audio person i run a resturant and im sorry if i need things to be explained to me thanks for the hyrogliffiks and i think ill ask someone else
Somebody is a little touchy and needs a hug. You really have everything you need. Do you want someone to walk you through step by step or something?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:05 PM

help help help,

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Somebody is a little touchy and needs a hug. You really have everything you need. Do you want someone to walk you through step by step or something?
gee howdy, can you help me find my turn signal fluid too.

Quick Reply: stock amp