Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

XM for $88 a Year (or for your second year)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:38 AM

XM for $88 a Year (or for your second year)

So for those of you who don't know about my previous post, a year ago I posted on how to get your XM radio for a year for $65 a year. The price has changed a bit, but the same idea.

Call: 1-800-347-0600

Do not call their other numbers, this is the "magic" number. Plus, you don't have to go through the phone tree. The first time I called I got put right through to a person, and the second time I called I was on hold shortly.

The rate is $77 a year. They uesed to offer a 12.95 credit for putting a credit card on file, but they don't really offer that one as much. BUT it will cost you $88 a year in the end because their is some BS royalty fee thing which puts $10 on top of the price.

All you have to do is ask for the $77 a year promotion, or the "half of for a year." No coupon code needed, lots of success.

SO for those of you that listened to me last year and already got the promo. When you call back in, they are going to tell you that you aren't eligible, since you have it already. So you need to tell them that is al you can afford, and that you have to cancel.

They will try to get you with other rates, and even misquoted some of them to me (said 349 for 3 years, i ask how much a month they say it is 6.69, and I say don't you mean 9.69, and they acted kind of confused). That guy didn't seem to want to help and didn;t really care, so I hung up and clled back. I got another person, said the same thing and they transfered me to the cancellations (this is the key step). The guy asks me the situation etc, I tell him, and he says lets see what we can do. He says, yeah I can have it again, and although the other person said no, he can do it just fine. Went through it all, and we're good to go. $88. (but it is still the $77 a year promo)

So, recap if you already have the promo, call to cancel, and they CAN give it to you. $88 for a year
Old 10-02-2009, 09:49 AM

?

Do you pay by the month? or pay the $88 up front?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:11 AM

$88 up front. and then you're set for a year. I don't think they can set that one up as installments, but I don't know for sure
Old 10-03-2009, 05:43 AM

They sent me a letter in the mail 5 weeks ago to get it for $88.00 a year. I did it. When I got the car in April, I let the 3 months free run out as I didnt want to pay for radio......but I did miss XM so when they sent me this promo, I signed up. Didnt even have to call,there was a website link and I did it right through their website.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by gmdealerguy
They sent me a letter in the mail 5 weeks ago to get it for $88.00 a year. I did it. When I got the car in April, I let the 3 months free run out as I didnt want to pay for radio......but I did miss XM so when they sent me this promo, I signed up. Didnt even have to call,there was a website link and I did it right through their website.
Did you let yours expire or did you reup before that? I'm wanting to know if they are charge a setup or reactivation fee.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:06 PM

with the 77/88 a year there should be no activation, it is part of it. If they say anything about it I would just mention that too.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
Did you let yours expire or did you reup before that? I'm wanting to know if they are charge a setup or reactivation fee.
I let my free 3 month preview run out in June and then did nothing. I liked the XM but honestly only listen to like 6 stations(Boneyard,Octane,LiquidMetal,Hair Nation and 2 classic rock ones for my wife)I didnt see the need for the radio too much as I listen to music with the USB port......but I did miss it. They sent me the $88.00 promo in the mail at the end of August and I said what the hell. They didnt charge me a setup or reactivation fee,just sent a new signal to my radio and that was it. Easy.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 PM

Best offer I have received is $110/year no activation fee, ($20 first 5 months up front, then $12.95/month). So if you can't get the $88 deal, this might be next best. 1-866-559-7624.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
So for those of you who don't know about my previous post, a year ago I posted on how to get your XM radio for a year for $65 a year. The price has changed a bit, but the same idea.

Call: 1-800-347-0600

Do not call their other numbers, this is the "magic" number. Plus, you don't have to go through the phone tree. The first time I called I got put right through to a person, and the second time I called I was on hold shortly.

The rate is $77 a year. They uesed to offer a 12.95 credit for putting a credit card on file, but they don't really offer that one as much. BUT it will cost you $88 a year in the end because their is some BS royalty fee thing which puts $10 on top of the price.

All you have to do is ask for the $77 a year promotion, or the "half of for a year." No coupon code needed, lots of success.

SO for those of you that listened to me last year and already got the promo. When you call back in, they are going to tell you that you aren't eligible, since you have it already. So you need to tell them that is al you can afford, and that you have to cancel.

They will try to get you with other rates, and even misquoted some of them to me (said 349 for 3 years, i ask how much a month they say it is 6.69, and I say don't you mean 9.69, and they acted kind of confused). That guy didn't seem to want to help and didn;t really care, so I hung up and clled back. I got another person, said the same thing and they transfered me to the cancellations (this is the key step). The guy asks me the situation etc, I tell him, and he says lets see what we can do. He says, yeah I can have it again, and although the other person said no, he can do it just fine. Went through it all, and we're good to go. $88. (but it is still the $77 a year promo)

So, recap if you already have the promo, call to cancel, and they CAN give it to you. $88 for a year
Great news, thanks for sharing. I will give it a try.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:12 PM

I just had an offer that I pitched in the circular file for $20 and it was for 4 or 5 months. I had it last fall for a similar price too.

I don't drive enough to care for having XM, especially since they merged shortly after I bought my HHR and got rid of or changed the stations that I liked before the merger.

Quick Reply: XM for $88 a Year (or for your second year)