Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

XM just got an earfull!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:40 AM

XM just got an earfull!

So last month, my usuall CC expired, no big deal as new card just had experation date change same # blah, blah, blah. so I updated all the usual bills including XM, xbox, etc. well starting last month I start getting 3 calls a day from XM about bill...... to start they had changed address not card. so I updated that.. Calls kept coming... was explained to me that it happens for 7-10 days...after I have updated card and paid bill...WTF? so I put up with this crap for a few days. I even have pre-recorded messages of them threatening (in a heavy accent) to cut my service... this continues, and continues, and continues. Apparently, they updated everything except the experation date,(which I took care of last week) so I am now hoping I don't get anymore of the 3 calls a day... literally morning, noon, and night! It only took this last operator 5 minutes to figure out everything was fine, and once again I was told it would continue for 7-10 days...... At this point I was having a hump day moment and asked the lady if she would like to be harrased 3 times a day for somebody elesses F-up? I then asked if they had a break room where she worked and told her to hang my name and number on the wall with a do not call sign, if they couldn't figure out a way to plug it into their computers. I also informed her that I have no problem using my I-pod and CD player as opposed to the half dozen channels I listen to.
I know its not the operators fault for doing her job, but I really feel that XM is using a strong-arm tactic even when you don't owe them a dime! Christ, I'm paid up for next 12 months.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:39 PM

Maybe you should try calling them three times a day until they finally stop! Maybe then they'll stop just a little bit sooner!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 AM

We had XM on the company car, it was ok, but not $12/month ok.

I just go to my favorite radio station's website on my Droid phone, click the listen live link, and jack it into the aux input. I was listening to WRIF Detroit in Tennessee!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 PM

XM did just add a Pearl Jam station..channel 39. I paid my subscription by check, because I don't trust the recurring billing, well, except for Xbox live. Some things are necessities.