Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

2.5 rear drop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:09 PM

2.5 rear drop?

So I am getting an HHR in a about a month or so, and was wondering if anyone has tried these springs, or know if they will work on an 07? Im looking for the biggest static drop possible and found this 1.6/2.5 inch drop and judging from other pics of lesser drops, this one should have the rear tucking alil and the front down to the top of the tires on the factory LS steelies with hubcaps. Does anyone know of a larger drop than that, or is this the biggest that is out there (its the biggest drop ive been able to find)?
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/prg400435.html
"2005-2006 Chevrolet HHR
Sport Spring
1.6 / 2.5 Front and Rear Lowering"
Old 11-01-2007, 09:33 PM

The price is good. I've got the Progress Tech sway bar, don't know of anyone who has used their springs.

The drop looks like what the 1st gen Gold Lines did. Looked great, just watch out for bumps and forget side pipes that hang down. Did I say it looked great!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 PM

I'm not sure of anyone that has those. I have Goldlines which give a perfectly level look, but lower it maybe a fraction of an inch less than those springs. If the measurements are right, those might actually make the front higher. The Goldlines drop 1.75" in the front and 2.125" in the rear. Alternatively, if your budget is a bit higher, there is also a coilover kit available, which is adjustable. Though it's geared more towards enthusiast/racing applications.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
I'm not sure of anyone that has those. I have Goldlines which give a perfectly level look, but lower it maybe a fraction of an inch less than those springs. If the measurements are right, those might actually make the front higher. The Goldlines drop 1.75" in the front and 2.125" in the rear. Alternatively, if your budget is a bit higher, there is also a coilover kit available, which is adjustable. Though it's geared more towards enthusiast/racing applications.
Do you know about how much the coilover set is off hand? I dont want to spend too much right now, I might even order that set of springs, then order a diff set with a lower drop in the front so I can bring the front down alittle or somthing...hmmm
Old 11-01-2007, 09:53 PM

I don't think your gonna get lower than that without bags. Plus you'd better check the wheel well before you go to low, the strut tower in the front may give you some issues.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:56 PM

Coilovers

I agree with GDZ, you're not going much lower (with a static drop) unless you stiffen the suspension, or do some modifications yourself. Which might void the warranty a little.

Just to clarify, when I said "make the front higher", I meant that it might lower the rear more than the front.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:36 AM

This is the kind of static low that I am looking for ... If need be, I will just save up and wait for coilovers (hopefully they can get me as low as this guy on bags, and bring down the back even more.)

Old 11-18-2007, 03:36 AM
Banned

see thats the car i have been eyeing. i wanted to bag it, but that bolt on kit does not offer the drop i want. i been thinking of tubbing the rear and building a 4 link for the rear run off of dual port 2500 bags. that way i can lay the rear on unibody and maybe raise the front strut towers and chip away at the wheelwell.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:34 AM

Old 11-18-2007, 09:29 AM

Yeah Quest51210, it seems wierd that the HHR wont really tuck much, even on a bag kit I would be more than happy to be as low as the one I posted, I just want the back to come down alittle bit more. Does anyone know the biggest drop that you can achieve on the coilovers they have out? I really would rather not tub the rear, but if need be, I guess I will look into it... I avoided tubbing and notching the rear end of my 2door jimmy with a 5/5 drop for about a year and a half

Originally Posted by WhiplashHHR
I dont see a problem with wanting to go low?

Quick Reply: 2.5 rear drop?