Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Cobalt Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member

prod-

Good price...

But you said: "while using the spring compressors".

Spring compressors for what ? Not needed in back.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
prod-

Good price...

But you said: "while using the spring compressors".

Spring compressors for what ? Not needed in back.
On the fronts, the rears arent too bad.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Platinum Member

On the rears, after removing the lower shock bolts & brake line bracket bolts, then lowering the axle, both springs about fall out..

The rears are like "cake with icing on it"..
Old 04-13-2010, 06:34 AM

Well, depending on shipping I'd be interested in the rear springs... Not sure if it'll cost more with customs though...
Old 04-13-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Well, depending on shipping I'd be interested in the rear springs... Not sure if it'll cost more with customs though...
They say no extra charges at the border for under $200. Id send all 4 springs, you may decide to do the fronts later to balance the spring rates.
It should be about $15 shipping, so thats $30 total. Let me know if youre interested. And like I said, it would be a few days at least before I get them off my HHR.

However, if you can get brand new TC springs for $74 as sleeper says, that might be better for you.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:46 AM

Yeah I would be interested in the ones you have.... Let me know when you have them off and would be ready to sell them!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 PM

Please see my post about leveling with the SS/SC springs on this section of the forum. I'll be happy to share any info I can. In my case, a 2009 2LT going to 2007 SS/SC springs, the ride improved. On earlier 2LT's or on an LS, your results may vary as to ride improvement or degradation. The handling performance is excellent, and the look is much better. You might want to PM "Woody" and see if he has any advice for you on shocks. If you don't have the Sachs rear shocks, you may get different results than I did. I am sure there are some on the boards who may have leveled a car with your same set-up. I paid a little more than noted above for new springs through my local "good guy" dealer. Still was a good price though. Let me know if I can help. God Bless, Marc
Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 PM

Oh yes, in my limited experience of one car (mine), I had to wrestle like a gorilla to get my springs to turn loose from the metal bosses on the upper frame and the swing arms. The springs stretched out, but did not want to let go of the car (probably a weird case). Don't be afraid to twist and wrestle them off if needed. God Bless, Marc
Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the input Marc. I'm thinking I'll keep an eye on the ones that Prod has to offer, since the price is right and I always like helping out a fellow member if I can. Heck, if I don't like them I can always resell them!

I'm not too familiar with the different suspensions, other than I know the LS and 1LT has one kind, 2LT another, and SS yet another. I have an '06 1LT, so not quite sure if it's changed since then or what... If ride/handling improve that's a bonus. I'm going more for looks, but it wouldn't be bad to compliment my rear sway bar!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
(snip)
I'm not too familiar with the different suspensions, other than I know the LS and 1LT has one kind, 2LT another, and SS yet another. I have an '06 1LT, so not quite sure if it's changed since then or what... If ride/handling improve that's a bonus. I'm going more for looks, but it wouldn't be bad to compliment my rear sway bar!
Eric- they all have the same type rear hanging axle.. Difference comes in with Shocks & springs FE1, FE3, & FE5 (course SS has rear Disc brakes).

But shocks & springs are all interchangable..Still a Delta platform..

Quick Reply: Cobalt Springs?