Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/)
-   -   Front end rehab 2009 HHR Panel (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/front-end-rehab-2009-hhr-panel-54800/)

TurboTechRacing 10-27-2015 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Regis (Post 789528)
All,

thanks for your input to me and assistance in getting the correct parts for the HHR.

I found a front and rear Sway bar kit from TTR for the 08 HHR Panel, however, it appears the front sway bar kit from TTR is only 22 MM vs. the 25 MM that is posted on this site as the correct part. Is the HHR Car a 22 MM and the Panel a 25 MM Based on utility? Just looking to get the correct part so I can order today and get the parts before the snow flurries hit....many have stated the TTR is superior to others, and I am also installing the front up graded motor mount from TTR as well......Below is a link to the TTR front/rear sway bar kit. 22 MM and 19 MM respectively.

Regis

Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Swaybar Kit Chevrolet HHR 2006-09 - Suspension

That is Not TTR brand, it is suspension tech brand.

We sell that kit, but do not recommend it.

Get the rear TTR brand sway bar. The if you want more, get the Eibach front sway bar.

Oldblue 10-27-2015 02:18 PM

You can tighten up the front OEM front swaybar with polyurethane bushings
And the LCA bushing/bearings!

flstss 11-10-2015 08:15 AM

has anyone tried using Prothane Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushing Inserts?
I was looking into them also.

Oldblue 11-10-2015 09:13 AM

I've used the polyurethane sway bar bushings from Energy Suspension.
Are the Prothane bushings just an insert to the stock OEM brackets? Are the 25 mm?

flstss 11-10-2015 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Oldblue (Post 790356)
I've used the polyurethane sway bar bushings from Energy Suspension.
Are the Prothane bushings just an insert to the stock OEM brackets? Are the 25 mm?

this are inserts for the control arms not the sway bar.

Oldblue 11-10-2015 11:36 AM

No, I've not used those inserts, sorry I should have read that more closely!
The Moog Problem solver bushing / bearing for the rear LCA really tightens up the handling.

pg318 11-12-2015 05:40 PM

I put the $10 Autozone Duralast rear LCA bushings in mine about 25000 miles ago, without the voids in the rubber they're certainly stiffer than the originals, not sure if they'll be any more durable though, but for the price I thought they'd be worth a try. The arms will probably come out again next year sometime when I replace the struts, they've been weeping for years now...

Oldblue 11-12-2015 06:07 PM

Weeping struts are sad struts! I would not wait to long to change those out!

pg318 11-13-2015 12:50 PM

They were wet around the top many years ago, when the dealer said there was nothing wrong with them and they wouldn't be replaced under warranty, but they don't seem to have gotten any worse

gio89kid 11-26-2015 10:52 AM

Upgrading the lower control arms.

Well this is my website, and I did this upgrade. They are steel instead of aluminum, but they are still an upgrade. They have a permanently greased bearing design instead of flexing rubber. And it's just a steal sleeve that is mostly covered when it's pressed in, I see no down side to this, even in bad weather areas.

My front end used to squeak and move on the free way, now it is silent and no squeak. I used to slam on the brakes and hear a witch cry and now nothing.

After install the car felt incredibly tighter, and I believe since it's no longer a hockey puck that gets bent every time you go over a bump, the suspension works a little better or quicker too.