Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

HHR SS Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:20 PM

HHR SS Coilovers

Will all front and rear coilovers designed for a Cobalt SS also work on a HHR SS? Seems that only Pedders markets coilovers specifically for an HHR SS. The Cobalts have so many more options available?
Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 PM

I have the Pedder's so I can't speak, but the suspension is identical to my knowledge as I've owned both,you just have a bit more weight in the rear of the HHR to handle!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:17 PM

If you're going to the expense of coilovers, just corner-weigh it, and dial it in yourself. I'm under the impression that Cobalt stuff fits fine, too. My rear sway came off an LSJ Cobalt in my area...
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 PM

Mine came off of MY prior LSJ .

I had 3 different susp. setups on my Cobalt, installed Pedder's on HHR SS and swapped stock onto another, and I noted zero changes.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 PM

myzoome07

I am new to HHR site,I have an 08 majestic blue panel, with ghost flames..I want to lower or level my baby. What is the best way to do it, any help would be appreciated, thx
Old 08-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Best way to level the back is with a set of cobalt SS rear springs. I have done that to mine. Check my gallery for pics. As far a to lower the entire car. People seem happy with the canuck motorsports springs.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:42 PM

Myzoom cobalt ss springs is what I used and I got about 1" front 2" rear drop. It sits much more level and it corners much flatter. Rear still rolls too much for my spirited driving but a TTR sway bar hopefully will fix that soon. Also I noticed it eliminated a lot of my brake shudder that used to plague my hhr under heavy use. I think leveling it out took some weight transfer off the front keeping them from cooking. Of note the older 05-07 cobalt ss/SC lower it more than newer ss/tc which are stiffer.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 PM

If yours is an ss though it may be different as far as what lowering you get, mine is just an LT. I'm sure a few of the SS owners can chime in on that aspect
Old 08-04-2012, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by prince_bigd
Myzoom cobalt ss springs is what I used and I got about 1" front 2" rear drop. It sits much more level and it corners much flatter. Rear still rolls too much for my spirited driving but a TTR sway bar hopefully will fix that soon. Also I noticed it eliminated a lot of my brake shudder that used to plague my hhr under heavy use. I think leveling it out took some weight transfer off the front keeping them from cooking. Of note the older 05-07 cobalt ss/SC lower it more than newer ss/tc which are stiffer.
Did you measure before and after because I haven't heard of anyone getting a 2" drop from installing rear cobalt springs. Most of us that have done the cobalt rear springs have gotten between an inch, maybe inch and a half if lucky.

If you're wanting to be able to dial in your height and if you are looking to stiffen up your ride, go with coilovers. The components are the same from the cobalt over to the HHR...difference is in spring rate. I'm running Canucks on mine designed for the cobalt SS...very smooth ride. I bottom out on speed bumps if i don't hit them right but besides that everything's good.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:12 PM

Chef, how much of a drop would you say you got out of the canuck springs? These are the cobalt ss canucks right?

Quick Reply: HHR SS Coilovers