Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/)
-   -   Installed TTR Sway Bar (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/installed-ttr-sway-bar-28399/)

urbexHHR 03-03-2010 02:51 PM

Installed TTR Sway Bar

Got my TTR sway bar today... Within 10 minutes I was out installing it. It wasn't quite as easy as everyone made it sound, but it wasn't too bad. Hardest part was holding it up, I ended up using zip ties to hold it. Oh, and crawling under was hard too...not much room!:nuts:

I went down the road a ways to where it winds around the river, and tried it out... Unfortunately all the farmers in their trucks want to go 35mph like the sign says, I want to go 60!:nuts: Did feel a difference! Not quite sure if it was worth the money, but oh well. Still cool though!:thumb:

twistrman 03-03-2010 03:02 PM

you'll notice it more and more as you go. the body roll on mine was extreme before i put the bar on. I can also take corners pretty fast.

i had a hard install too, no ramps or anything, so yeah, trying to cram myself under the car, and it was snowing out. I think most people have ramps or a jack, which those it would take a few minutes.

peevlos 03-03-2010 05:48 PM

did mine flat on the ground also... it was pretty tight, but only took about 15-20 minutes to install.
zip-ties where key. ;)
notice it more in hard fast cornering, definitely reduced rear body roll

urbexHHR 03-03-2010 09:21 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, I really notice it! Not sure though if I would have paid that much for it again, but I don't know... I mean I wasn't expecting a sports car out of it, but it sure is nice! :thumb:

sleeper 03-03-2010 10:41 PM

Eric- If you did not use Loc-Tite on the bolts, check them once in a while for proper torque...
That's the last thing anyone needs coming loose.. EEK !!

Next perhaps some GM cobalt rear leveling springs. Then you should be good to go..

& they are as simple to install as changing a tire..

solman98 03-04-2010 07:16 AM

I went into their web site to check the shipping on mine. It showed nothing. I asked about the shipping info and was directed to an EBay site to buy one....:wtf:

I hope it's been shipped......:roll:

EDIT: Just arrived. I'll get it put on tomorrow, weather permitting.

TurboTechRacing 03-04-2010 10:01 AM

Miss communication, glad it showed up :)

urbexHHR 03-04-2010 10:02 PM

So my dad was just looking at the bar, and decided to check the tightness of the bolts. He said they were very loose, and tightened them back up. Is it normal for them to come that loose after a day or two? I was just expecting a little bit, but he said it seemed concerning... I know I put them on tight...

Maybe now I'll notice more of a difference! :lol:

Although the circle on-ramp to I-69 today was quite fun!

biglefthhr 03-04-2010 10:41 PM

Got mine today installed in 20 mins, big difference, it must be the combo of the eibach pro kit and the ttr sway bar but amazing in the corners, there are a few turns I usually hit at 50 tried em at 60 and it stuck like glue, great product!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

IgottaWoody 03-04-2010 11:17 PM

If you were using a wrench or a 3/8 drive socket set you probably didn't get enough umph on it.....Torquing is best for suspension parts....