Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/)
-   -   Looking for Factory Ride Height Dimension.. (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/looking-factory-ride-height-dimension-44489/)

chefhhr 01-29-2013 03:17 PM

Looking for Factory Ride Height Dimension..

So when I lowered my wagon back in May, stupid me didn't get the before ride height so I never really knew exactly the overall drop I accomplished. I've always guessed that it was a few inches front and back. Can someone tell me the ride height (on level ground of course) of their 2LT? Center of wheel from the ground to the bottom of the fender...

ChevyMgr 01-29-2013 04:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 14156

Use the following procedure to check the P and R dimensions.

1. Use your hands to lift the front bumper approximately 38 mm (1.59 in).

2. Remove your hands and allow the vehicle to lower.

3. Use your hands to jounce the front of the vehicle downward approximately 38 mm (1.59 in).

4. Remove your hands and allow the vehicle to rise.

5. The dimension (P) for the left and right side of the vehicle is measured from the bottom lip of the wheel opening to the ground measured at the center line of the front wheel.

6. Compare the measurement to the specification table. Refer to Trim Height Specifications .

7. If the measurement is outside of the specified range, replace the front springs. Refer to Strut, Strut Component, or Spring Replacement .

8. Use your hands to lift the Rear bumper approximately 38 mm (1.59 in).

9. Remove your hands and allow the vehicle to lower.

10. Use your hands to jounce the rear of the vehicle downward approximately 38 mm (1.59 in).

11. The dimension (R) for the left and right side of the vehicle is measured from the bottom lip of the wheel opening to the ground measured at the center line of the rear wheel.

12. Compare the measurement to the specification table. Refer to Trim Height Specifications .

Attachment 14157

chefhhr 01-29-2013 04:47 PM

Thank you much! Looks like I got a little more than I had figured...2-1/4" up front and about 2-1/2" in the rear.

Oldblue 01-29-2013 06:32 PM

are you likin the Canucks now , chefhhr

chefhhr 01-29-2013 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue (Post 689691)
are you likin the Canucks now , chefhhr

I never disliked them. Like them even more now that I swapped the rears out for some that leveled out the wagon.

firemangeorge 01-29-2013 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr (Post 689673)
Attachment 14156

Use the following procedure to check the P and R dimensions.

1. Use your hands to lift the front bumper approximately 38 mm (1.59 in).

2. Remove your hands and allow the vehicle to lower.

3. Use your hands to jounce the front of the vehicle downward approximately 38 mm (1.59 in).

4. Remove your hands and allow the vehicle to rise.

5. The dimension (P) for the left and right side of the vehicle is measured from the bottom lip of the wheel opening to the ground measured at the center line of the front wheel.

6. Compare the measurement to the specification table. Refer to Trim Height Specifications .

7. If the measurement is outside of the specified range, replace the front springs. Refer to Strut, Strut Component, or Spring Replacement .

8. Use your hands to lift the Rear bumper approximately 38 mm (1.59 in).

9. Remove your hands and allow the vehicle to lower.

10. Use your hands to jounce the rear of the vehicle downward approximately 38 mm (1.59 in).

11. The dimension (R) for the left and right side of the vehicle is measured from the bottom lip of the wheel opening to the ground measured at the center line of the rear wheel.

12. Compare the measurement to the specification table. Refer to Trim Height Specifications .

Attachment 14157

Not sure about that last measurement on the chart. 255/45/18 ?