Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 10:18 PM

lowering springs

well just wondering if anyone is going to make coil overs for the hhr. i think coil overs are better then just a lowering spring
Old 11-05-2005, 11:25 PM

Hi Big L! I'm in Murrieta right off Margarita and Torrey Pines - small world, eh?
I'm sure in time there will be many suspension options available for the HHR, but until then, dropped springs will be the cheapest and quickest way to get "the look." An hour and a half of work is all it takes.

Erich and the team at Darkside Motoring have really put some overtime in on their HHR spring kit. Here's a pic of one just done yesterday:

Please excuse the graphics, I just threw this together to give you an idea of the before/after. The truck belongs to a user in Maine. I will be taking my HHR up to Erich after SEMA to shoot the full install for a magazine article. Will post more pics then.

So far...I'm really liking what it does for the car!
-Mike
Old 11-05-2005, 11:57 PM

Hmmmm. I like!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:11 AM

Was is the silver thing where the running boards are?
Old 11-06-2005, 12:15 AM

Those are pipes baby! (cosmetic, not functional.)

I think I need to get a set of those myself.
-Mike
Old 11-06-2005, 01:42 PM

woe looks good bro. dude what about negative camber? i hate having a tire that look brand new on the outside but the inside our down to the wire. will you make a camber kit as well.

lou
Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Hi Big L! I'm in Murrieta right off Margarita and Torrey Pines - small world, eh?
I'm sure in time there will be many suspension options available for the HHR, but until then, dropped springs will be the cheapest and quickest way to get "the look." An hour and a half of work is all it takes.

Erich and the team at Darkside Motoring have really put some overtime in on their HHR spring kit. Here's a pic of one just done yesterday:

Please excuse the graphics, I just threw this together to give you an idea of the before/after. The truck belongs to a user in Maine. I will be taking my HHR up to Erich after SEMA to shoot the full install for a magazine article. Will post more pics then.

So far...I'm really liking what it does for the car!
-Mike
Old 11-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Banned

I like the stock look beter.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:15 AM

Is there running boards on that car which is above the pipes
Old 11-07-2005, 11:36 AM

No, the car shown has only the pipes - no running boards.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 PM

I have talked to Erich about the lowering springs and about putting 18" rims on as well. He suggested getting the rims first then deciding if to lower or not....Dang, I may just stay with 17's because his price is affordable and I like the look as well.even though those lake pipes are on intstead of the running boards, I think it looks functional to me. Look forward to your article and documentation, that would really be nice to have since I cannot go to cali and have them do the install.....damn! lol

Quick Reply: lowering springs