Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Lowering and the warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:04 PM

Lowering and the warranty

Does anyone know if lowering the HHR will void the warranty? I want to purchace the goldline springs but I certainly would like to keep it covered as long as possible.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:24 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Frosty
Does anyone know if lowering the HHR will void the warranty? I want to purchace the goldline springs but I certainly would like to keep it covered as long as possible.
The search button is your friend!!

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ering+warranty
Old 05-03-2006, 03:42 PM

Don't do it if your worried about the warranty...My

Ng
Old 05-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

I agree with NG. If anything goes wrong with your suspension the first thing the dealership is going to do is blame it on you lowering your HHR whether that is the reason or not.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:09 PM

Something many people are not aware of, the Service Manager has alot to do with what happens on a warranty claim. We are responsible for repair orders that get submitted to GM for payment and the claim must be within the guidelines in our Policies and Procedures Manual. Personally, I don't put my job on the line for something that is not warrantable according to GM. That being said, I evaluate anything that might be "questionable" and I know what is a factory defect and what is not. You have a lowered HHR and have a failure that I don't attribute to the modification...it'll get covered. Since I've been around for over 30 years in this business and built many hot rods, race cars and everything in between....I think I can tell the difference. You tear the oil pan off because it's only 1" off the pavement and I might have to question the coverage, but normally you'll find I'm pretty reasonable and I am a genuine gearhead so I take care of the "enthusiasts" as best as I can. Oh, just one other thing......don't storm into my office with an attitude poking a finger in my chest................I'm a believer in treating people the way they treat me.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:15 PM

I second what Retro said. Most warranty approvals/denials depend largely on the man in charge.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 PM

it dose affect your Warenty i talked to my friend yesterday at the daelership. So if you lower it and you have a problem they wont cover it.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:43 PM

I think by the time I'm done with my HHR, if I ever take it back for warranty work they are just going to laugh at me...

Ng
Old 05-03-2006, 05:53 PM

noo they be saying wow.. supperrrrr
Old 05-03-2006, 08:01 PM

ditto

[QUOTE=Retrorod]Something many people are not aware of, the Service Manager has alot to do with what happens on a warranty claim. We are responsible for repair orders that get submitted to GM for payment and the claim must be within the guidelines in our Policies and Procedures Manual. Personally, I don't put my job on the line for something that is not warrantable according to GM. That being said, I evaluate anything that might be "questionable" and I know what is a factory defect and what is not. You have a lowered HHR and have a failure that I don't attribute to the modification...it'll get covered. Since I've been around for over 30 years in this business and built many hot rods, race cars and everything in between....I think I can tell the difference. You tear the oil pan off because it's only 1" off the pavement and I might have to question the coverage, but normally you'll find I'm pretty reasonable and I am a genuine gearhead so I take care of the "enthusiasts" as best as I can. Oh, just one other thing......don't storm into my office with an attitude poking a finger in my chest................I'm a believer in treating people the way they treat me.[/QUOTE

i'm a service manager at a large chryser dealership in okc area, i'm tolerant based on attitude and latitude, i have a job because the manufactures need someone to read gray areas in the warranty prossess. some managers are hard but most want the customer to be happy and safe. alot of service managers and advisers are car people. think about this,, you spend $250 on a lowering kit and then go to the dealer and complain about a rubbing noise in the rear, expect to pay. or after lowering, you brake a swaybar expect to pay. but if you lower it and your radio is inopperative they will pay. what i am saying is not written is stone but it's the way the system is set up.

Quick Reply: Lowering and the warranty