Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Need a rear brake bleed screw

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 10:22 PM

Need a rear brake bleed screw

So, apparently if I go into an auto parts store or dealer, I can't just get the rear bleed screw, I have to get the whole wheel cylinder. Well, I'm just not going to do that if I can help it.
So, I am asking to see if anyone has replaced just the screw and if they remember the size they bought.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Technical Moderator

Cylinders are about $8. I don't know why any brick and mortar store would stock the bleeder valve.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Krunk
So, apparently if I go into an auto parts store or dealer, I can't just get the rear bleed screw, I have to get the whole wheel cylinder. Well, I'm just not going to do that if I can help it.
So, I am asking to see if anyone has replaced just the screw and if they remember the size they bought.
Here you go:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...=bleeder+screw
Old 05-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Cylinders are about $8. I don't know why any brick and mortar store would stock the bleeder valve.
Man, I'd like to know where you get your cylinders. Anywhere here is minimum of $35+.

I checked your link, Catman and all they showed were universal, of which I'd still need the pitch and such, or the front bleeders.

I guess I'll just have to pull the screw out and take it in. I'll just have to find something to plug the hole with.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:13 AM

I checked your link, Catman and all they showed were universal, of which I'd still need the pitch and such, or the front bleeders.

I guess I'll just have to pull the screw out and take it in. I'll just have to find something to plug the hole with.
The link I gave you is for the bleeder screws for the HHR. Wearever P/N #H9410-2
Go to Advance if you have one near buy and match yours up to it.
As the link says "Exact fit".
This link will give you the specs on it.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...h94102/2560237
Old 05-03-2019, 11:19 AM

Here is rockauto info for a replacement wheel cylinder if your interested

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+cylinder,1952
Old 05-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Platinum Member

Or you could go to a wrecking yard and get one off of a HHR or Cobalt. That way you would know it's the correct size.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:52 PM

Man, I'd like to know where you get your cylinders. Anywhere here is minimum of $35+.

You have to add your vehicle specifics on the advance auto site, then it will show you the right one.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
You have to add your vehicle specifics on the advance auto site, then it will show you the right one.
I already did that to show the part.
I don't know what the problem is here. He has a 2006. It's either an LS or LT.
I really don't think a bleeder screw size is going to change when both models use the same wheel cylinder.
My two links give him enough info to go buy it.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Technical Moderator

Last cylinders I got on eBay were about $8 each. That's why you can't find rebuild kits anymore. If they have been changed before there is no guarantee of size. They may have changed from cast iron to aluminum between years. My 2011 had AL cylinders.

Quick Reply: Need a rear brake bleed screw