Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Shock/strut upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 06:08 PM

Shock/strut upgrade

Any news about better shocks for lowered HHR's? I have Eibacks springs and I am not thrilled with the ride especially with four in the car!

Joe

Last edited by JOEK86; 11-06-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:50 AM

Nope... no news that I'm aware of. Last I heard, Mike (SoCal) was working with a couple companies to bring something to market. Not knocking Mike - but this process (especially with big name brands) can take some time . I've also contacted KYB- they have nothing on their radar for producing a shock/strut in the near future.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:08 PM

I sure wanted to be the FIRST with all the goodies. Bad move on my part. I thnik all the MFG's use the first 500 of what ever they are making as giniy pigs. I don't think I have heard of ANY of the MFGs do it right the first time. I think they should give the first buyers a HELL of a discount for putting up with all the bugs in their NEWEST, LATEST, BEST, GREATEST stuff. BULL, Good LUCK on all your after market stuff. The sad part about it is I will still be buying the newest, latest, best, greatest stuff when I can. I quess I just never learn. GOOD LUCK YA ALL

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 11-06-2006, 06:26 PM

I got bit by the same bug. I had to have the gold-lines as soon as I found them. But, now the alignment has gone out within 6 months and the ride is getting worse. I hope they hurry-up with some aftermarket shocks / struts for lowered HHR's.

Nick
Old 11-06-2006, 07:34 PM

some better shocks for loward HHR would help!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:31 PM

don't you get coil bind with four in the car ? what will new shocks do? look at the bump stops have they been hitting? when you lower a car 2" you just took out 2" of traval from the susp.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 1HotHHR
I thnik all the MFG's use the first 500 of what ever they are making as giniy pigs. I don't think I have heard of ANY of the MFGs do it right the first time. I think they should give the first buyers a HELL of a discount for putting up with all the bugs in their NEWEST, LATEST, BEST, GREATEST stuff. BULL,
See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Like Chevrolet with the HHR????
Old 11-07-2006, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by oneton
don't you get coil bind with four in the car ? what will new shocks do? look at the bump stops have they been hitting? when you lower a car 2" you just took out 2" of traval from the susp.
IMO, new shocks (aftermarket units will ALWAYS be 100% better than OEM in my book!!!) will handle dampening and rebound better, and may also be adjustable (KYB units) to stiffen up the ride even more. Of course- this has nothing to do with compression, nor riding around with 4 people in the vehicle, although better/more efficient valving typically caters their products to the lowered vehicle masses.

We'll see... since there are none on the market, one can only guess. I've had GREAT results on my Mustang when I dropped and swapped the OEM units with KYB adjustables. Almost felt as smooth as a Caddy (well- not really).
Old 11-07-2006, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by SCOOT
IMO, new shocks (aftermarket units will ALWAYS be 100% better than OEM in my book!!!) will handle dampening and rebound better, and may also be adjustable (KYB units) to stiffen up the ride even more. Of course- this has nothing to do with compression, nor riding around with 4 people in the vehicle, although better/more efficient valving typically caters their products to the lowered vehicle masses.

We'll see... since there are none on the market, one can only guess. I've had GREAT results on my Mustang when I dropped and swapped the OEM units with KYB adjustables. Almost felt as smooth as a Caddy (well- not really).

I had Doetsch Nitro drop shocks on my truck. Stock shocks are just not valved for a dropped suspension.

Caddy ride. Not mine, but it did ride pretty good.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:51 AM

is there any aftermarket shocks available for the HHR yet?

Quick Reply: Shock/strut upgrade