Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

sway bar for HHR

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the belated b day, when I got my HHR I knew nothing about what was available? went with the Eibach sway bar because of the name and the TTR was no more, bought it thru one of the vendors on site, wish I had not gone to Eibach for the installation of the new bar about 8 hours of driveing Ill never get back and $45.00 of gas for a bar I will remove soon as I think it is rattling already,
Old 09-27-2011, 03:00 PM

I was'nt directing my opinion at anyone in particular, but only as a group, and only if it applys to you. I've been around long enough to know some definately are in the "Monkey see, monkey do" group. They buy stuff, just because someone else has it, and don't do the math, and find out what is the better part, ect.
Also, I guess this thread was getting a little long in the tooth,and we seemed to be flogging a dead horse, on the sway bar issue. There are now only a couple of choices, and I was trying to point out the inferior one[as seems to be the case, by the breakage, and the run around].
Personally, when I buy parts form my cars, I check around and see which ones the track guys are using, the quality and lastly the price. I buy the best I can get my hands on even if I have to wait awhile until I can afford it. Use the very best parts, and you only have to do it once, and without headaches.
Guess that was the points I was trying to get across, and not to wad up someones panties. Now, we clean on this? wheew! "Moon"
Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Guess I can change my panties now. Got the "new" inspected parts bag from Eibach today. I'll prolly install the bar this weeked. I'll use blue locktite on the treads, and possibly change the main mounting bolt to a metric grade 10.9 (or 12.9 if I can find it) instead of the metric 8.8. Might as well give it a chance. The original one did pretty well till it broke of course and unfortunately at the time was in my price range. If this one has issues I will speak with the company further.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Geeese, this thread is ridiculously long. Need to have a highlighted message at the beginning of the thread "Warning, make sure to have snacks and liquids availabe to complete this thread".

So Moon, which sway bar do you recommend again?....since it wasn't clearly stated in this thread!

Great information, learned alot about sway bars!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Premium Member

Trying to get a xxx but no response from powell must have quit making it .
Old 11-09-2011, 09:04 AM

you can contact gloria@powellraceshop.com
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Premium Member

I did that 8 days ago She probably got a vacation. The question I had was which one to buy the Hard core or the XXX. Maybe Moon can fill me in. Have you ever wished it was stiffer ?? (your swaybar) As far as I know the xxx is the stiffest one anybody makes, what do you think ??