Any HHR's from Ontario here?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:34 AM

Ontario

Hey There
From Ottawa Gatineau
My White Hhr Ls
Is Now In Transit Ordered It In January
Old 03-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Will be picking up an orange LT by the end of the week. Have seen six on the road here in Ottawa so far.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:08 PM

Having my hhr delivered on the 27th Im in St thomas Ontario.I can not wait i was going to drive the 18 hours to go pick it up but my wife talked me out of it.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:49 PM

Ontario

Yes we are out here.

Only Blue LS on Hamilton Mountain so far.

There is a Silver LS Two street over. Haven't made contact yet.

Orange LS one block over.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM

Our HHR was sitting on our dealer's lot for the past week waiting for me to attend the Ottawa Auto show over this past weekend. I could not take delivery until I had applied for GMAC credit at the show and received a special code, at least not if I wanted a $500 Petro Canada card with my purchase. In all, between GM Points, GM certificate, dealer discount, and gas card, I managed a little over $5k in savings on our LT-1sb.

To be honest, I'm not really much of a car guy. My passion lies with the two wheelers and especially with HDs. That said, I really have enjoyed driving the HHR so far. We had a 99 Cavalier z24 for several years, and this vehicle has essentially the same "sporty" fun character for me. We ended up with an automatic (because of availability and most of the options we wanted were in it) although we would have preferred the stick. We also would have gone with purple, but the orange we did get has grown on us and perhaps it was the best color for us afterall.

My other vehicles are trucks (an AWD Astro and an old Explorer 4x4). Both those models are naturally rough and uncivilized, a fact that the HHR really makes obvious now. Nothing like the close to a decade difference between my old trucks and the latest generation of automotive product to illustrate what progess has been made.

Reading this and other forums on the HHR, I did heed the advice of others and had splash guards installed right away. Other owners have warned about body paint damage from road debris (sand, salt, etc) and recommended running boards. I decided against them because I figured they would be a trap for all the salt we get here in the Ottawa Valley in the winter. I hope the guards prove effective.

I have one question that puzzles me: why does the HHR have only 3 years/60K waranty on the powertrain, while the Cobalt has 5/100K?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:43 PM

Another HHR Spoted on the Hamilton Mountain

Ran into John on Hamilton Mountain. He owns a Red LT Fully loaded.

John if you read this post all I have to say is I hope my Wife dosen't see the Red she will fall in love with it.

Only complaint John had was the dealership from which he bought it from.

What a surprise he had the same complaints as I did. And we bought from the same dealer.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:26 PM

well i just had my HHR out on the highway today but it was raining all day so it was not a great ride but i did get it up to 140 km. I only say one other HHR on the 401 west bound just after Milton. i hope to get more highway driving since my new jobs headoffice is in mississauga.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by drthmpson
I only say one other HHR on the 401 west bound just after Milton. i hope to get more highway driving since my new jobs headoffice is in mississauga.
Spring must really be here (and the salt gone for another year) 'cause HHR's are everywhere out here in Nepean. They seem to even outnumber the PT Cruisers. At the rate they are appearing they will be pretty common not long from now. So far the majority I've seen are either black or silver, and mostly the LS model. I've also seen two red, and one purple, and so far we have the only orange one (that I am aware of). I guess that won't last much longer.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:50 AM

My White Ls Should Arrive Either This Week Or Next Cannot Wait
White Is Very Rare
So Chances Are My Ride Will Be The Only One

Quick Reply: Ontario are you there?