Featured HHR Submissions Featured HHR submissions, voting, and showcasing.

Featured rants, raves, ideas, suggestions & discussion.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Founding Member

Featured rants, raves, ideas, suggestions & discussion.

Please post your ideas, rants, raves, suggestions and discussion here instead of the Featured Voting Spotlight.

Because of the dialog in the featured thread, these post quoted below have not been deleted, they have been quoted and posted here instead.

Originally Posted by jeffs396
This is just my humble opinion, but doesn't seniority mean anything here? Nothing against EdgeOfSpeed, he's brand new here, four posts...he could be gone from here by next week! All the others are long time members that deserve our votes...I think you should have to be a member here for at least 3 months & have at least 50 posts before being eligible...
Originally Posted by SindyDix
Your idea has been noted jeffs369. Thanks!
Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
I'll second that idea.
Originally Posted by chadpuska
yea i third that 4 posts and dude hasn't said i word good advertisement technique seems like spam.
Originally Posted by Z-Man
Point well taken, I agree
Z
Originally Posted by HHR_ROX_CALI
I'm in complete agreement. Great point. And the posts can't involve answering a question with a question. "How many posts do you have?" "I don't know, how 'bout you?"
Originally Posted by tireman1554
I'll just keep my opinion to myself this time.
Lmao next month man next month
Nah.
Me too!
Originally Posted by EdgeOfSpeed
Are you calling me a spammer ???? is that how you welcome new members ??? I would have never entered this if I knew it would cause issues it was the hhr members that suggested it why does someone always have to ruin things all I wanted to do is share my HHR with everyone isn't that what this is all about ??? and to those who gave compliments and voted my thanks go to you
Steve (Not a Spammer just a Real person with a Passion for Cars)
oh he talks! were not ruining anything its just not right that we all have been loyal members here for a long time and then you come on here with 4 posts and submit your car, not fair to us , but im just gonna shut up now good luck with your win
Originally Posted by saltyfishguy
Steve your car is very nice,(ALL of you guys cars are) is it your personal ride? Just my opinion, not that it matters, Steve should be allowed to enter if thats his ride and not the business car, not exactly sure what the business is but if it's HIS car and HE put the time into it not some sponsored business paid for it all type thing,so be it. Just my opinion, start flaming now. And he's right if you remember it was a member who said he should enter.
Stop the flaming and cast you vote! Enter your rides for next month after I post for the June submit thread!
Originally Posted by Docwylie
EdgeOfSpeed, from my perspective you've followed the guidelines this site had established for the competition. I've never seen any rules posted about length of membership or number of posts - only that you have an HHR, post pics to the gallery and link to the official thread. It's too bad there are some "sour grapes" coming out here. What does the number of posts have to do with anything...or the amount of time you've been a member? It should be about the cars...and from the looks of the voting so far...it is!
Again...good luck to all the cars submitted.
WOW! Unbelievable!
Please take your argument/issues to another thread.
No argument here Sindy. The numbers speak for themselves.
Originally Posted by saltyfishguy
was not trying to argue....just give my opinion, sorry
Originally Posted by EdgeOfSpeed
No argument here this was suppose to be for fun and share with others I just wasn't happy with being jumped on by someone that doesn't even know me but its cool and I can live with it
Thanks to all on here Steve
Originally Posted by jx3
This debate brings back memories of the "Sponsorship Debate". Also, no one questioned the minimal post count of FEAR1HHR when he entered his "HWYSTRR".
LOL im done commenting on this subject you got my vote edgeofspeed your car is just so pretty i think you did such i great job.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Founding Member

There will be a few changes in next month submission thread.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:04 PM

Please, dont change too much. I like the contest the way it is.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:23 PM

It should be both performance and looking good(cosmetic items). That's how I vote.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:34 PM

IMHO, It would be hard pressed for one us that has a basically stock HHR to compete with those of us with goodies installed. I would welcome the idea of a stock and modified car of the month. Set the criteria easy for each catagory. Otherwise a person with a bone stocker wont have much luck winning.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:35 PM

Old 05-02-2008, 03:37 PM

I think the problem is with EdgeofSpeed's pictures. They all have a pretty big EdgeofSpeed.com advertisement on them, making them appear as advertisements for his site and/or business (from a quick look it didn't appear he was selling anything though). If he would have entered the the un-logo-ed pictures I don't there would have been a problem.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
IMHO, It would be hard pressed for one us that has a basically stock HHR to compete with those of us with goodies installed. I would welcome the idea of a stock and modified car of the month. Set the criteria easy for each catagory. Otherwise a person with a bone stocker wont have much luck winning.
I dunno, Stitch II is for all intents and purposes a bone stock 1LT, and he won last December.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Founding Member

JonnyB will have the final say on that one when he posts the Featured picture. I would have also preferred a non-www.embeded graphic on the images also.

It is his decision to accept or decline our final votes.

Originally Posted by furious
I think the problem is with EdgeofSpeed's pictures. They all have a pretty big EdgeofSpeed.com advertisement on them, making them appear as advertisements for his site and/or business (from a quick look it didn't appear he was selling anything though). If he would have entered the the un-logo-ed pictures I don't there would have been a problem.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Founding Member

I've seen some pretty nice bone-stockers!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Featured rants, raves, ideas, suggestions & discussion.