Featured HHR Submissions Featured HHR submissions, voting, and showcasing.

Thunder Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mike B.
Wow!
I have to 2nd that.... WOW! I love the flames and the seats/headrest with DVD etc.
Great job!!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Although I don't care for the port holes, in my opinion the flames hide them well. Where about in Alabama you located? Maybe I'll catch you at a car show some time in the future.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:02 AM

Sweet Panel you need to do the leather steering wheel mod with the radio controls got mine here 15-20 mins to install offer them $75.00 they will take it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...Q5fAccessories
Old 08-28-2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by timparker1
Yes the seat covers are katskin. They come in a large variety of colors. They also provided the additional matching orange leather used in the front doors and back side panels. As for the DVDs in the back, your right on all accounts, my son is 15 and we plan to show the car. Beyond that I really hadn't planned to spend much time in the back. I've also recieved some feed back on the hood vents, I appreciate the feed back. Maybe we will concider removing them?? Anybody else have any thoughts on that? Every HHR stock or custom has a special quality to those of us that love them. I appreciate everyones kind words to date.
What is the procedure/how did you do the door modification? Did/do you plan on attacking the dash next? Was this done by a custom firm, or did you do the mod yourself? I ask because I am interested in changing the 'touch' surfaces to something of a higher quality than the OEM plastic.

Thanks,

Seth
Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 AM

Enterprise Alabama. Just outside of Dothan.
LA as we like to call it.
I'm interested in findiong out about shows.
Let me know if you hear of any.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 AM

First I contacted Katzkin and requested their leather sample book. $10.00 I think. Once we recieved the samples we matched to the orange part of the flames to the available leather. I then contacted a place here in Dothan Alabama called Huston seat covers, we went over Tyler and I's design proposals with them. They took it from there, ordering the seat covers, extra orange leather and DVD players which also came from Katzkin. Once the materials arrived it only took two days to install by the professionals. We intend to add some more orange leather to the inside of the rear side door panels but don't have any additional plans just yet.
Tim
Old 08-28-2009, 10:29 AM

I agree but am still trying to find someone who can/will match our orange leather for the steering wheel.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:14 AM

Any plans to add foglights? When we had our black HHR I always wanted to add them but ended up getting the SS before I got that far
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by timparker1
We intend to add some more orange leather to the inside of the rear side door panels but don't have any additional plans just yet.
Tim
Thanks,
What about the dash cowl (not to do orange, but to replace with leather/vynil/alcantara/etc.)
Is the piece on the doors a built-custom-door, or is it the OEM/original part just covered?

Thanks,

Seth
Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Former Sponsor

thanx i thought they were katskins..i may go that route..makes inside look as nice as SS..leave the port holes..you think they look good thats all that matters..remember..it what makes us different..that brings us all together...

Quick Reply: Thunder Wagon