General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2007 hhr down for over 6 months

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 04:28 PM

2007 hhr down for over 6 months

2007 HHR 180 K MILES AUTOMATIC
I AM NOT A MECHANIC. Car would not start one day at work, some clicking at best, I THEN IMPROPERLY JUMPED CAR! I then went and bought a new battery, then it started with lights blinking horn going off etc. Tried key on key off nothing.
Pushed it down the street to a mechanic, ended up charging me over $200.00 and could only figure bad BCM! He had alot of panels off and wires cut: said he was trying to isolate remote start
I had it towed to cousins house, have tried several different things I have seen on this forum. I do not have volt meter or vast knowledge of using them.
I did find the pwr steering fuse blown due to improper jump, replaced it and the remote start communicated with car in the form of
Old 04-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Seems your issues were from a dead battery and a dangerous mechanical genius, cutting wires to isolate the remote start? It’s a CanBus wiring harness, why would you start cutting wires?
Sorry your having issues , you need a wiring diagram and learn how to solder the wires back together.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:41 PM

Try typing calmly. I don't know what the remote start has to do with cutting wires and horn blowing lights flashing and pushing down the block.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:46 PM

Thank you. Ues I wax surprised to see wires cut; blue/ white stranded. He said he wanted to tale remote starter out of the equation as theproblem. Had him reconnect them and took car
Old 04-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Administrator

The remote is integral to the car, not an add on like a Viper, right
Old 04-02-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Try typing calmly. I don't know what the remote start has to do with cutting wires and horn blowing lights flashing and pushing down the block.
Very sorry, I had issues getting registered and lost 2 explanations of issues.
mechanic had cut wires to remote starter in trying to diagnose.
After installing new battery (after initial issue, still in work parking lot) the horn was going of blinkers blinking, I tried on off reset did not work.
I then pushed car down the block to fore mentioned mechanic
Old 04-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
The remote is integral to the car, not an add on like a Viper, right
I believe it is original. The person I bought it from did loose remotes and said it was expensive to get new remotes.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=CKSHHR;841343]2007 HHR 180 K MILES AUTOMATIC
I AM NOT A MECHANIC. Car would not start one day at work, some clicking at best, I THEN IMPROPERLY JUMPED CAR! I then went and bought a new battery, then it started with lights blinking horn going off etc. Tried key on key off nothing.
Pushed it down the street to a mechanic, ended up charging me over $200.00 and could only figure bad BCM! He had alot of panels off and wires cut: said he was trying to isolate remote start
I had it towed to cousins house, have tried several different things I have seen on this forum. I do not have volt meter or vast knowledge of using them.
I did find the pwr steering fuse blown due to improper jump, replaced it and the remote start communicated with car in the form of a clicking at starter.
took starter out az said it tested good.
key gets stuck in ignition sometimes not all the time?
Installed used battery and had power windows and door for an hour then suddenly no more door locks, no more shifting. Radio screen read Lock.
"engine disabled, low power" on odometer.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:20 PM

So, it wouldn't start, then you improperly jumpstarted it, which blew the power steering fuse. Then you put in a new battery, and it started, but with some issues.

Why are you now using a used battery? It seems like you have left some information out of this story. Like, were other wires cut? The facts here are so scattered, I'm not sure what other questions to ask.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
So, it wouldn't start, then you improperly jumpstarted it, which blew the power steering fuse. Then you put in a new battery, and it started, but with some issues.

Why are you now using a used battery? It seems like you have left some information out of this story. Like, were other wires cut? The facts here are so scattered, I'm not sure what other questions to ask.
I am truly sorry.
Car has never started since initial problem. It "started" blinking and honking.
Paid 150 for new battery and seemed like it was not the problem so brought it back and got one used for 35.
He had cut wires near bcm (blue/wht stranded) pass. console area.
I was surprised to see that but the mechanic seemd legit in how he wad going thru everything otherwise.
I had him reconnect wires.
He said 'if you figure whats wrong with it let me know"

Quick Reply: 2007 hhr down for over 6 months