General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2007 HHR Front Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:52 PM

2007 HHR Front Brakes

I bought this thing used and everything seems okay. i want to replace the front brake pads only at this time. Now I have never done a pad replacement but have seen enough of them. My92 ford truck I had for years, the front pad replacement was too easy by simply knocking out the pins. It was a 10 minute deal on each side.

Now I now there are a 1000 recommmendations and I should consider this or that but my main question is, is the replacement of the pads and easy thing here. There are no manuals out yet or pictures. Thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Cyclic Hardover
I bought this thing used and everything seems okay. i want to replace the front brake pads only at this time. Now I have never done a pad replacement but have seen enough of them. My92 ford truck I had for years, the front pad replacement was too easy by simply knocking out the pins. It was a 10 minute deal on each side.

Now I now there are a 1000 recommmendations and I should consider this or that but my main question is, is the replacement of the pads and easy thing here. There are no manuals out yet or pictures. Thanks
Easy if you know what you are doing, meaning experienced. I can email you GM's procedure and you can look it over and decide if you want to do it. If you don't want to post your email send me a PM.

How many miles are on the vehicle? Are you sure you even need pads?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:47 PM

mlhuckins@msn.com Thanks, I'll look for the email.

Basics of my qualifications are military pilot for 20 years. Basic mechanic stuff on cars, just never got around to doing brakes. May as well start and with my luck, my new vehicle has nothing for me to go on. So I'm not a complete idiot here. Thanks for the help

No, I'm not sure if it even needs them but have heard a mild squeal from time to time but don't want to go poking around without some reading material or the right tools. Does it have one of those warning things to squeal a bit as the brakes wear? Also just turned 30,000.

I've had it a month and a half. Very happy with it.

Last edited by Cyclic Hardover; 03-28-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:13 PM

welcome and congrats on the new baby. another thing to consider is how true the rotors are. if the pads are glazed, so are the rotors and should be resurfaced. just a couple things to be reminded of when re-lining.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Cyclic Hardover
mlhuckins@msn.com Thanks, I'll look for the email.

Basics of my qualifications are military pilot for 20 years. Basic mechanic stuff on cars, just never got around to doing brakes. May as well start and with my luck, my new vehicle has nothing for me to go on. So I'm not a complete idiot here. Thanks for the help

No, I'm not sure if it even needs them but have heard a mild squeal from time to time but don't want to go poking around without some reading material or the right tools. Does it have one of those warning things to squeal a bit as the brakes wear? Also just turned 30,000.

I've had it a month and a half. Very happy with it.
The file should be in your inbox now. I am betting you don't need pads at that mileage. But I could be wrong.