General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2011 HHR options - NO LEATHER SEATS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:51 PM

2011 HHR options - NO LEATHER SEATS!

I was just on GM's website and tried to do a "build your own" for a 2011 HHR 2LT with same options that came on my 2007. Minor exterior options that came from the factory on my car are now dealer-installed. Very little in the way of interior options are available. Specifically, I can't find the LEATHER, HEATED SEATS any more. I don't remember reading anywhere that they had been discontinued, but there is no option to specify them. What happened, and did anything else mysteriously disappear?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member

As the HHR is at the end of it's production run,I would expect there to be fewer choices.Remember, the SS only had 1 interior color choice for 2010 and most options were made standard(RPD,sunroof,etc.)
The last year a car is made the manufacturer just wants to "clear the warehouse" and make way for the next model. IMO.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:44 PM

Yeah, this doesn't surprise me either. I hope whatever they replace this wonderful little vehicle with is a worthy successor, but I have my concerns. My 2009 2.2 will just have to last me until they come to their senses and fill this obviously desirable niche market.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by AmericanMini
Yeah, this doesn't surprise me either. I hope whatever they replace this wonderful little vehicle with is a worthy successor, but I have my concerns. My 2009 2.2 will just have to last me until they come to their senses and fill this obviously desirable niche market.
Is this car really a niche? I wonder how many people bought the HHR or even the PT because of the style. Keep in mind these cars are reasonably priced.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by RedwoodPerch
Is this car really a niche? I wonder how many people bought the HHR or even the PT because of the style. Keep in mind these cars are reasonably priced.
Both reasons factored into my purchase.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:15 PM

That is why I picked mine.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedwoodPerch
I bought mine because of the retro style...... helped that it also scoots when I want it to. If it wasn't an HHR I would have found a PT..... those were the only two on my list, obviously the HHR was on top.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Rest In Peace

Bought mine also because of the Retro Panel Styling.

If it looked like a Bug (and I don't mean VW) I would Not have even looked at it.

I HATE cars that look like a hornet,bee, or bug take your pick, seems like alot of car manufacturers are on this make it look like a bug thing and have been for some time now.

Always Hated 4 doors as well, at least with the Panel I get the Look of a 2 Door, with 2 Stealth doors.

Aren't many 2 door hardtops or coupes out there these days.

My kids have 4 doors, my god whats this world coming too?

I remember the days of if you had a 4 door it was your PARENTS car, Not your own, we wouldn't have even considered buying a 4 door car as a teen/young adult.

2 door coupes or 2 door hardtops and V-8's. Wish I had some of my former cars now.

I was considering a Vintage Chevy Panel or Sedan Delivery, but with one Chevy already in mid restoration I decided against starting up another project car and got the HHR Panel. Retro/Modern and I got to add Mods that satisfied me and is my daily driver.

Shame the HHR will have such a short run, but not everyone likes retro I guess. At least buying them used is a Bargain, (got mine used) I plan on Keeping mine around for some time so I won't be taking a Hit selling or trading it in like many have had to.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:22 AM

retro style

For me, the retro style had zero to do with it. I had no idea what an HHR was, when I put a screen on autotrader.com for cars under $10k with heated seats. HHRs were dirt cheap in the depths of the recession. I bought the car because of its carrying capacity and options. The styling is fun, but was not on my list of criteria. It also may add drag and worsen mileage.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 AM

I thought they were neat and had considered one for a daily driver but not seriously, until I borrowed this one while my a/c was being serviced on another vehicle, never took it back. I understand they're still hunting for me!

Quick Reply: 2011 HHR options - NO LEATHER SEATS!