General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

6 Cars on Death Row

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
nobody wants 'em because of the Hummer stigma.
.....or, it could be because it is one of the ugliest things on the road and the owners are wannabees!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:01 AM

honestly gm doesn't need 7 brands all selling the same car and no real difference in quality luxury performance etc. Look at the lambda platfrom, gm has 4 different versions, the travers, outlook, acadia , and enclave. The enclave and acadia are sold on the same lot at the same dealership. Why do you need 4 versions? all you need is a base model version, and a luxury trim look at other succesfull companies. Ford/mercury/lincon, toyota/scion/lexus, vw/audi , honda/acura. etc.. if gm goes to 4 it will be ok , bucik cadillac, pontiac and chevy, thats all it needs
Old 01-22-2009, 09:36 AM

I would buy an H3 just to piss off the Prius driving tree huggers. It can't get any worse mileage than my 99 Jeep Cherokee (16 mpg avg)
Old 01-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
.....or, it could be because it is one of the ugliest things on the road and the owners are wannabees!
Wannabe what? Jeep? H1?

H3 is a VERY capable vehicle. I had the pleasure of driving one on the off road course that GM set up a few years ago at an Auto Show in Motion event. Mud bog, hill climb, and boulder run were easy in that truck. While the H2s kept getting stuck, the H3s were just pulling around them and getting through with ease. The key is the locking front axle. You just can't stop them in stock form. There's nothing wannabe about the H3.

The Colorado and Canyon are decent trucks, but they probably would have sold more if they'd had the six-cylinder option and kept the S-series names. Next year the Colorado will have the new direct-injection six that's in the CTS and Camaro.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
The PT may have paved the way for vehicles like the HHR, but the HHR far exceeds the PT in every way. The PT is an old platform that hasn't been updated in years. Neither the base PT or HHR has a tremendous amount of power, but the PT gets horrible gas mileage and the HHR gets stupendous mileage.

Every review I've read prefers the HHR over the PT, and the SS is way better than the PT turbo. The only thing that the PT has that the HHR doesn't have is a convertible model. But to me, the PT convertible is FUGLY!
In most ways - I agree that the HHR is a superior version to the PT Cruiser. It is the ultimate do-over. However, fellow HHR owners, let us not forget that yes, the PT Cruiser came first - and just like the Mustang/Camaro rivalry, we would not have one without the other. The original Corvette was saved by the original T-Bird. Where the PT Cruiser was based on a Neon, and the HHR on a far superior Cobalt chassis - There are a few things about the PT I wish would have come over to the HHR - the lift and tumble rear seats - and what seems to be (even to this day) great parcel shelf / table. I never owned a PT - when I went looking Chrysler had screwed up the front end - and I could not longer get the turbo/manual combo, so I bought the HHR. I don't understand why so many of you are frustrated by the PT Cruiser / HHR comparison. I would rather have my car compared to a PT Cruiser than a Scion xB, Pontiac Vibe or Toyota Matrix.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by chadpuska
The Saturn Sky looks so much nicer than the solstice.
Naa the Solstice looks much better.....but of course I'm bias(see sig below)
Old 01-22-2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by WaGoN MOnger
honestly gm doesn't need 7 brands all selling the same car and no real difference in quality luxury performance etc. Look at the lambda platfrom, gm has 4 different versions, the travers, outlook, acadia , and enclave. The enclave and acadia are sold on the same lot at the same dealership. Why do you need 4 versions? all you need is a base model version, and a luxury trim look at other succesfull companies. Ford/mercury/lincon, toyota/scion/lexus, vw/audi , honda/acura. etc.. if gm goes to 4 it will be ok , bucik cadillac, pontiac and chevy, thats all it needs
I gotta agree with you, I wouldn't be surprised to see GM come down to Chevy cars and trucks and Caddy dropping everything else.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 PM

[ And we all know that the similar Chevy HHR was never anything but a pale imitation.

The PT Cruizer did pave the way for the HHR. I will tell you this though the HHR is much better in every way. Give props where props are due the PT Cruizer was the first but it is not the best.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 PM

Gas mileage - my 2002 PT 5 speed Bluwoody got 33 mpg on the highway and 23-26 mpg around town depending on the season. My HHR SS gets 31 mpg on the highway in the winter, should go up when spring gets here. I am getting 23 mpg around town now. I am very happy with the HHR and my present PT.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by dbfruth
I would buy an H3 just to piss off the Prius driving tree huggers. It can't get any worse mileage than my 99 Jeep Cherokee (16 mpg avg)
You have to watch the "smug alert" episode. Trust me, it is hilarious.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/1002/

Quick Reply: 6 Cars on Death Row