General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

About to by 08 LS, what do I need to make sure of with dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:31 PM

About to by 08 LS, what do I need to make sure of with dealer?

OK, I'm going tomorrow to work out the pricing on an 08 LS. Only option is the roof rack.

Here's what I'm going to mention already:
1. The paint chipping/running board tsb and TRY to haggle on the price of the running boards. Hopefully, I can get a decent price on the boards painted so I can install them.
2. I'll make sure the condenser cover is there...should be...but I'm not sure of the build date of my 08. If it's not, I'll demand they install it for free.

Is there anything else I need to check on/mention to my dealer/get it out of the way before something breaks?

Is there anything I should MAKE SURE the dealer installs or checks before I agree to the sale?

Thanks so much...looking foreword to becoming a contributing member.

(plan on adding the Eibach Pro Kit, 18" rims, etc etc...)
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 PM

The board are a $445 factory install option so I wouldn't want to pay much more, I'm sure he could find one with that option. A lot of Dealers in the Cleve area and many trade back and forth with other dealers. Some do not. I got my 2LT at Serpentini in Aurora but they own 5 sites.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:57 PM

Don't get suckered into the special paint protectant. Splash guards would also help/be a good idea unless you don't like or want them. If your not happy with car/deal, don't settle with it. You should feel great leaving in your new HHR
Old 06-11-2008, 08:00 PM

Cool, sounds good! I'm working at Spitzer in Northfield. Yeah, I forget I'd be ordering the option...however it would be dealer-side installed...so I think they'd charge me for labor. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess I can negotiate free install... (because they're going to say they have to paint them...)

Here's a question..when the dealer orders running boards for dealer-site install on NEW cars...do THEY have to paint them or do they come painted? (i.e. is it any different when they order for a new car?)

thanks in advance, guys!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
Don't get suckered into the special paint protectant. Splash guards would also help/be a good idea unless you don't like or want them. If your not happy with car/deal, don't settle with it. You should feel great leaving in your new HHR
I understand all of that...I'm set on what I'm going to pay...I just wanted to know (from experienced HHR owners) what I need to check and have checked before I buy...as in running boards are pretty much a MUST...and to make sure about the condenser.

I'm using GMS so I really don't have to barter too much.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by djmoose
I understand all of that...I'm set on what I'm going to pay...I just wanted to know (from experienced HHR owners) what I need to check and have checked before I buy...as in running boards are pretty much a MUST...and to make sure about the condenser.

I'm using GMS so I really don't have to barter too much.

Thanks guys!
make sure all fuses under the hood and inside are fully pushed down, and in
Old 06-11-2008, 08:33 PM

Condenser shield. standard equipment on all non-SS HHRs built since 8/27/2007. Your month and yr built is on the sticker on the door, sure you know that since you work for Spitzer. Been hearing their commercials since I was a kid and that is long before a lot of these member here were even born.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:18 PM

I'm working at Spitzer in Northfield.
I should re-read after I type. I meant that that's where I'm buying the car from...not that I work there.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 AM

I think most of the issues have been worked out for the '08s. Mine has been good. Check for rear hatch sticking when opening a couple inches, that happened to a few including mine early on, got a strut replaced.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Banned

Cool, sounds good! I'm working at Spitzer in Northfield. Yeah, I forget I'd be ordering the option...however it would be dealer-side installed...so I think they'd charge me for labor. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess I can negotiate free install... (because they're going to say they have to paint them...)

Here's a question..when the dealer orders running boards for dealer-site install on NEW cars...do THEY have to paint them or do they come painted? (i.e. is it any different when they order for a new car?)

thanks in advance, guys!
All running boards are installed at the dealer after transport. They shouldn't charge you anything for installation if it's an option at point-of-sale, and most dealers usually won't for point-of-sale accessories.

Quick Reply: About to by 08 LS, what do I need to make sure of with dealer?