General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Any 2LT owner near Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Any 2LT owner near Rancho Cucamonga, CA

We're looking for a 2LT owner near Rancho Cucamonga, CA (Upland, Ontario, Fontata area) to assist Gold-line with some testing on their leveling springs. *Must be a 2LT with the factory sport suspension* They are offering a set of the springs for anyone willing to help them. You can contact me here, or just call Craig at Goldline. Thank you.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:06 PM

Jeff,
I really wish that I could offer up my vehicle for the test, but GA is just a little too far away. But, I want you to know that I really do appreciate what you and Craig are going through to get this spring thing done right. THANKS!!

Pat
Old 05-29-2007, 05:41 PM

Jeff talked to Craig I will be in their shop on Tuesday the 5th.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 05:45 PM

I can meet you guys half way!
Sorry not called for, BUT I do Thank All Who do HELP in Solving this Noisey Problem, so does NEMO!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:54 PM

Craig removed my rear lowering springs and tested them on a spring testing machine, The test results were just like the new springs. He also installed a new set of springs on my car and we drove around looking for speed bumps and other dips and had no problems. My springs were upside down when my rim shop installed them so he installed correctly and still no sound.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by hnewagn
Craig removed my rear lowering springs and tested them on a spring testing machine, The test results were just like the new springs. He also installed a new set of springs on my car and we drove around looking for speed bumps and other dips and had no problems. My springs were upside down when my rim shop installed them so he installed correctly and still no sound.
Hey hnewagn, Thanks for offering up your ride for the spring test. It sounds like you did not experience any of the problems that Karen and I ran into with the leveling springs. Now I'm more that a little stumped, because your HHR has the same suspension package that I have, yet you don't have the noise problem I have. When at ride height, do your springs look like they are rubbing, or is there clearance between the lower coils? Like this;

I have not talked to Jeff or Craig yet so I'm just wondering what your's look like.

Thanks,
Pat
Old 06-06-2007, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by hnewagn
How much load do you have in the back end?
I have nothing in the back no amps, subs, nothing.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:32 AM

The only thing that looks different is my bump stops are cut. I have a custom sound system but most of the time the back of my car is empty.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 PM

Old 06-09-2007, 10:16 AM

Well, I guess your spring installation looks just like mine; spring coils touching each other. But......unlike mine, your's makes absolutely no noise. I just don't understand how this is possible. I guess when my replacement springs arrive, I'll cut the stops, install the springs and and see what I get. Thanks for posting the photo.

Regards,
Pat

Quick Reply: Any 2LT owner near Rancho Cucamonga, CA