General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Batman's HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 PM

Batman's HHR?

I was just browsing around on the computer and I think I may have come across Batman's HHR. Can anyone confirm? I think there's a good chance it is especially being in Chicago and I think his had right about that many miles...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...teo&listType=1

That's seems like a pretty good deal on the price...
Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by goetylsd
I was just browsing around on the computer and I think I may have come across Batman's HHR. Can anyone confirm? I think there's a good chance it is especially being in Chicago and I think his had right about that many miles...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...teo&listType=1

That's seems like a pretty good deal on the price...
It was his.

Notice that the carfax makes No mention of the engine being replaced under warranty by a Dealer.

Makes ya wonder about carfax.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM

$9000 , I should go get it back. Some ones gonna get a hell of a deal for that price. Engine has less than 12,000 miles , I talked to the dealership and told them about the new engine, B&M short shifter , ect and they could have cared a less what i was saying . Well congrats to who ever is gonna steal it from them.

And i believe carfax and such is a scam.
Heres the last pic i took of it.
Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Platinum Member

I would think the "New engine" & etc, would be a better selling point..

Whatever, so long Batmobile !!!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
$9000 , I should go get it back.
Heres the last pic i took of it.
If they're only asking $9k, how much did you get for it, when you got rid of it? They much have low-balled you big time?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM

Wrong , Biggers chevy gave me $ 11,500 - $8000 pay off and $ 3500 towards the 2010.

So i guess they over paid for it.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
Wrong , Biggers chevy gave me $ 11,500 - $8000 pay off and $ 3500 towards the 2010.

So i guess they over paid for it.
Makes you wonder about the markup on used cars sometimes...if they are only selling the batride 1.0 for $9000, they are only making $1000 profit. so for $3500 off of the batride 2.0, not much of it came from the planned profit of the first car.

Car sales are tricky. people can lose focus on what the salesmen are doing IMO. because I did it with my first (new) car.

If the minimum sale price of a car is $15,000(which you don't know, only sales managers know), and they are willing to "overpay" for your used car, then the money comes from somewhere....

so KBB trade in value of your car is $5,000(for example)

and they say, "we will give you $6,000 for it". the minimum price of the car goes up.

I always have told my family and friends, If you ask them to throw something in like tires, and they are willing too, then you know they are well above the minimum sale price.

not everybody has the time like I did, but when I traded my 07 2lt for my 08 SS, I was at the dealership from 9am to close on a sunday(like 6pm) I test drove it, bargained for a bit, asked about free stuff(oil changes and what not), went to lunch, took a long time to get back, and threatened to leave around 3pm before they started really listening to me. but I knew they couldn't lower it more when the owner of the dealership told me he couldn't get me tires for my HHR SS because of the cost of tires(meaning that I was pretty close to the minimum.)
Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 PM

I'm sure they paid 13-15 k for the 2010 that i paid 19,900 for. Car dealerships make money on every car they sell , The ? is how much on what your buying.
And the dealer selling the first one is not the dealer i traded it in too, It sat at biggers chevy for a few weeks on the lot , Then it was gone , Only too show up 40 miles away at a small car lot where its been for a quite awhile.

The 2010 had a sticker of $28k , With 15000 miles on it , I felt under $20k was an ok deal.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by badassbowtie
If the minimum sale price of a car is $15,000(which you don't know, only sales managers know), and they are willing to "overpay" for your used car, then the money comes from somewhere....
that is a completely false statement. all you need, is to do your research

not everybody has the time like I did, but when I traded my 07 2lt for my 08 SS, I was at the dealership from 9am to close on a sunday(like 6pm) I test drove it, bargained for a bit, asked about free stuff(oil changes and what not), went to lunch, took a long time to get back, and threatened to leave around 3pm before they started really listening to me. but I knew they couldn't lower it more when the owner of the dealership told me he couldn't get me tires for my HHR SS because of the cost of tires(meaning that I was pretty close to the minimum.)
Whatever helps you sleep at night, but I've had them tell me no to floormats before and then when all was said and done, I got my floormats and another $1800.00 off the price of a past vehicle.

If I used your logic, as soon as they said no to my floormats... I should have given up because mats are way cheaper than tires, so I definitely must have been at the bottom price, right?

I'm not trying to be an ass here or anything (so please don't take it that way). I am just trying to let people know that your information is not very accurate
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
that is a completely false statement. all you need, is to do your research

Whatever helps you sleep at night, but I've had them tell me no to floormats before and then when all was said and done, I got my floormats and another $1800.00 off the price of a past vehicle.

If I used your logic, as soon as they said no to my floormats... I should have given up because mats are way cheaper than tires, so I definitely must have been at the bottom price, right?

I'm not trying to be an ass here or anything (so please don't take it that way). I am just trying to let people know that your information is not very accurate
I'm sure there is a bunch of people that would love to hear how you find out what a dealership pays for a used car. Because a dealer would lose any bargaining power they had if it was that easy. NEW cars are a different story.

I did make it sound like I gave in, but I was at the dealership almost 8 hours. There was quite a bit of money that came off the price, and eventually they decided to pay off the balance on my trade in, which was about $1500 above trade in value for perfect condition.

I was trying to make a relatively short post out of it and left out minor details. Like I said I was there for a while....

I was told by the salesman that they couldn't do the deal more than once, and they had actually given my plates back at one point. when I was on the phone, about to make dinner plans, the owner of the dealership asked me to come talk to him, because he was going to shift some things around and see what he could do. we had agreed on a few things and he said at that point, that tires were too expensive to get the car at that price.

If I had bought the car before I ate lunch, I would have paid about $18,500 instead of $17,000. and originally I was only offered $7000 for my 07 2lt, which ended up getting $11,500 for.

My logic wasn't to settle immediately once I was told no. I was told no multiple times on stupid things like free oil changes, car washes, etc. they did however gave me a free tank of 87 octane.

at the end of the day it was almost a $6000 swing. so If my info is inaccurate, Im sorry

Quick Reply: Batman's HHR?