General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Bought an HHR on Monday

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 PM

to the forum and the wonderful world of owning an HHR. Please tell us more about what you got...and post some pics. The natives get real restless when ya don't.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by tcstoy
Welcome!!!!!!
I long for the days of .25 cent gas because I enjoy driving my HHR so much. Showing my age now!
I remember when a $10.00 bill was all I needed for a night of cruising. It bought gas, beer, a pack of smokes and at least one trip through the drive-through.

-JJ
Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by JJ_HHR
I remember when a $10.00 bill was all I needed for a night of cruising. It bought gas, beer, a pack of smokes and at least one trip through the drive-through.

-JJ
Remember a thing called "Gas Wars" ? ?
That was when all the stations would see how LOW they could price the gas. At one time, I bought gas for 18 cents a gallon. Had a 69 Volkswagen that held 8 gallons of gas. I could fill it up for less than $1.50. Now I'm showing my age ...................

Welcome to the site from Kentucky
Old 07-06-2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by ng8650
A patriot fan heh Well you're not welcomed! (joke )

Ng
Don't hate me because we are successful..
Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Uma
Welcome my friend, great choice buying the HHR. Glad to see you found the site. Now the important part!! Pics, and of course...what is your first mod? You need one! If it is only a license plate frame, or a sticker of some sort, but one, LOL. Enjoy Todd (Uma) PS. You must name your car, unless Robbobrob is it...then we need an explanation LOL
"First mod"? Not sure what you mean.

Pics, I'm sure will come. Maybe this weekend, after the dealer details and inspects it.

Still working on a name. Robbobrob (or some variant) is my message board handle, I use it everywhere I'm on a board. (Stands for "Me, Myself, and I").
Old 07-06-2007, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
to the forum and the wonderful world of owning an HHR. Please tell us more about what you got...and post some pics. The natives get real restless when ya don't.
I have noticed that about the natives. I got a metallic blue HHR LT 5 sp manual. The only options that came with it were the rear spoiler, ash tray, and fog lights. I'm not a smoker, so the ash tray is a waste, and though I made fun of the dealer adding a spoiler, I am growing fond of the $400 add-on.

It has been a big change from the Ranger, where nothing was power (even the power steer was starting to give out by the end). But I have found a joy in driving that I have not felt since high school.

Do your car names play off of HHR, or do they range all over the place...want to know what the local custom is.

And thanks again everyone for the very warm welcome...even the Patriot hater.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by robbobrob
"First mod"? Not sure what you mean.
Mod = modifcation. Any thing added or altered to change it from "factory".
Common mods include rims, radio, vinyl/painted stripes, window decals......
Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by robbobrob
Do your car names play off of HHR, or do they range all over the place...want to know what the local custom is.
Names are all over the place.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:33 AM

No mods yet. Maybe down he road, but I like to keep my vehicles simple. In all the time I had the Ranger I only added a CD player, a bed liner, tie downs, rain guards on the windows, and lots of stickers.

Might be fun to make some more radical mods. How knows. A big Patriots wrap-around might be nice.....LOL
Old 07-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Hey I drove last weekend from New York to Boston and back. I've seen plenty of HHR's on the road. Especialy near boston.

Quick Reply: Bought an HHR on Monday