General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

cleveland car show

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 PM

cleveland car show

Just got back from the cleveland car show. I was a little disapointed Chevy only had 1 black SS and 1 LS with very few options there. There was no panels or AA5 hhr to be found. It looks like they don't want to sell the hhr so much. They did have lots of trucks and 4 comaros to check out. The comaro looks like a sweet ride My wife wants one in a bad way but not a real good family car.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky
Just got back from the cleveland car show. I was a little disapointed Chevy only had 1 black SS and 1 LS with very few options there. There was no panels or AA5 hhr to be found. It looks like they don't want to sell the hhr so much. They did have lots of trucks and 4 comaros to check out. The comaro looks like a sweet ride My wife wants one in a bad way but not a real good family car.
We are getting in 3 hours before it opens today.

They only had one HHR SS last year.

GM is cuting back on everything and the HHR is sell better than the rest of the cars so no need to spend money on it.

They are to have a press reveiw today for the Camaro's and then we can wander the rest of the show and see most all of it before they let the unwashed masses in.

I have had the chance to get the invite the last 4 years and it is like having the show to yourself. We leave about 11 AM just as the people are coming in.

I got a new loaner last night for my SS that is in the shop. SO far I like the 09 HHR loaner. It is a lot peppyer than I imagines with the 2.2. Still not my SS but not bad at all.

Last edited by hyperv6; 03-02-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 AM

I'm hoping to go Saturday, since I couldn't this weekend.
They don't even advertize HHRs since they don't need to. Every dealer in the country has tons of unsold trucks in stock.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:52 AM

I'm going the 7th.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
I'm hoping to go Saturday, since I couldn't this weekend.
They don't even advertize HHRs since they don't need to. Every dealer in the country has tons of unsold trucks in stock.
They can't afford to.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:45 PM

OK, I took my two boys there today. As usual Way bigger than I could take. Lots of people! They must all need new cars. Chevy, Ford and Pontiac were being absolutely mobbed.

I took a bazillion pics, and cropped a bunch to my flikr page.
Enjoy ← click
Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 PM

Would please shut the hood and get your kid out of my HHR!

While the show was not as fun as in the past it was still pretty good.

Did you try the Raptor sim at the Ford display. I got a 68 second run in. I was the only one I saw that broke 90 sec. The record was 60.84.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 PM

I went with family to the Detroit Auto Show at the COBO Center in Jan. They didn't even have an HHR SS there. Kinda sad
Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Would please shut the hood and get your kid out of my HHR!

While the show was not as fun as in the past it was still pretty good.

Did you try the Raptor sim at the Ford display. I got a 68 second run in. I was the only one I saw that broke 90 sec. The record was 60.84.

No, they wanted to go on the ferris wheel, so we didn't wait in line for that. I think I took a picture though... When we were on the ferris wheel, they were screaming for it to be over. of course dad is hollering... "Shrek! I'm looking down!!!"
Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff®

No, they wanted to go on the ferris wheel, so we didn't wait in line for that. I think I took a picture though... When we were on the ferris wheel, they were screaming for it to be over. of course dad is hollering... "Shrek! I'm looking down!!!"
Yes you did get a picture.

We were there before it opened do I closed the SS up and got a lot picture. It is identical to mine except for the grey interior tro, were ine has the red.

It is not opten the car you own is in a auto show display. Last years was red. In fact the red one last year was the first one I ever saw and sat in. It kind of planted the seed before I ever ocnsidered a SS.

The cool part is the SS was sitting about where my Pontiac was sitting for the custom car show many years ago when I had it entered.

Quick Reply: cleveland car show