General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

CNET reviews HHR

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 08:17 AM

CNET reviews HHR

On May 25, 2007 CNET ( http://reviews.cnet.com/wagon/2007-c...-32418995.html ) reviewed the HHR giving it a 5.9 rating out of 10! Here is one quote from the review "In fact, given the HHR's heavy understeer and loose handling, we wouldn't really want to drive it in any way that might qualify as "sport." Holding it in its lane at freeway speeds was challenge enough." Really?

There is a "User Opinion" section (currently there are only 4 reviews in the User Opinion section - 3 positive and 1 from a GM hater). Perhaps ChevyHHR.net members should offer our insights so potential HHR buyers can hear what actual HHR owners think.

Last edited by SindyDix; 06-02-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: tag edit
Old 06-02-2007, 08:36 AM

I put in my 2 cents worth. Hopefully that will raise the overall rating. They just don't understand that some of us are on limited budgets. You get so much in the HHR with for so little money. My '98 Windstar had a sticker price of $28K and has less options that my HHR. Oh well, non-owners will never understand.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:40 AM

submitted. They ought to own one, not just drive one before expressing an opinion.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:01 AM

HERE is a clickable link for their site. I will go back and write my own review, however, I need to gather my thoughts and composure before doing so. That person is so far off I am speechless.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

You guys realize not everyone thinks the HHR is the greatest vehicle in the world right? You guys actually expect every reviewer to like the HHR and give it phenomenal ratings? We don't drive the greatest high performance luxury vehicle in the world you know. The HHR is an slightly above average economy vehicle so of course it's not going to always get 5 star reviews nor is everyone going to like it. And how many car reviewers buy and own the vehicle before they test and write a review? The answer is most likely none of them seeing as how the cars are loaned to the reviewing company for review. If the reviewer actually owned the vehicle chances are the review would be biased towards the vehicle like everyone that is adding their word. If you love your HHR you are going to overlook the bad and only post the good like everyone is going to do. How come anytime someone finds a bad or average review on the net they post it on this site then everyone has to get defensive and stand up for the HHR. Aren't reviewers entitled to their own opinion? Did we forget freedom of the press? Besides if someone were to buy or not buy a vehicle based on one persons review they are a moron.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

CNET is by far NOT a place I'd go for anything more than maybe a review of a new TV or computer, not a car. Their theme was "tech car", and that's most definitely something the HHR is not. If they want a tech car they should test the new Saturn Astra when it's released this summer. That's gonna be the Mazda 3 killer.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I put in my 2 cents worth. Hopefully that will raise the overall rating. They just don't understand that some of us are on limited budgets. You get so much in the HHR with for so little money. My '98 Windstar had a sticker price of $28K and has less options that my HHR. Oh well, non-owners will never understand.
Thankyou Sandy! You are exactly right. An HHR is what it is. What it is not is a 33,000 dollar Pontiac GTO, (which I covet) with 400plus horse. The HHR has unique stying as well as many good options and good gas mileage. Unlike the SSR, it is retro but within our means economically. I like the SSR's too but they were expensive. My HHR was cheaper then many cars I looked at like the Kia Sportage, Hyndai Santa Fe, and Saturn vue so the reviewer neds to keep things in perspective.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:11 PM

I did my small part too.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:18 PM

The review last year on the 2006 was way off base. Where do they find these Foreign car lovers?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 PM

I put in my opinion to.....

Quick Reply: CNET reviews HHR