Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Compatibility yrs to yrs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/compatibility-yrs-yrs-45541/)

twinbin 03-26-2013 08:05 AM

Compatibility yrs to yrs

I am going to be adding a rear seat to my 08 HHR panel.

Just curious, what years will fit, did they stay the same or where there changes from year to year?

Just need to know which years to look at when I start calling the yards.

Thanks,

Michael

SmootHHR 03-26-2013 08:11 AM

Should be the same for all years. Good luck with swap and welcome to the site!

solman98 03-26-2013 12:34 PM

Other than color and fabric, they are no changes except for the window switches.

07azhhr 03-26-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by solman98 (Post 698145)
Other than color and fabric, they are no changes except for the window switches.

Just to clarify for Sol.

Interior wise the only changes were the window switches and interior colors/fabrics.

Exterior was just colors.

Drivetrain however had a ingnition/coil change going in 07 from the 06 model.

Then later in either 09 or 10 there was VVT added to the 2.2l.

I think I am missing one more engine change but someone else will have to post it if there was one.

solman98 03-26-2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by 07azhhr (Post 698154)
Just to clarify for Sol.

Interior wise the only changes were the window switches and interior colors/fabrics.

Exterior was just colors.

Drivetrain however had a ingnition/coil change going in 07 from the 06 model.

Then later in either 09 or 10 there was VVT added to the 2.2l.

I think I am missing one more engine change but someone else will have to post it if there was one.

Are we talking as a whole now, or just interiors?

But yes, not much changed period over the years.

07azhhr 03-26-2013 01:42 PM

The OP was talking about the rear seats only but you then mentioned the switches too so I furthered that with the other items.

VinceP 03-26-2013 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by twinbin (Post 698060)

Just curious, what years will fit, did they stay the same or where there changes from year to year?

Just need to know which years to look at when I start calling the yards.

Thanks,

Michael

Welcome to the sight! Seats will be the same. I added a rear seat to my 08 Panel and cant remember which year the donor came from exactly but I want to say it was a 2011. In my case the fabric was exactly the same.
Good luck with your conversion.

sleeper 03-26-2013 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by twinbin (Post 698060)

Just curious, what years will fit, did they stay the same or where there changes from year to year ?

When you find your seat, & if you can pull it yourself.. Grab the seatbelts & ALL the bolts, also a small plastic piece of floor that goes behind the seat on wagons.
That'll save ya some $$$...

07azhhr 03-30-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper (Post 698247)
When you find your seat, & if you can pull it yourself.. Grab the seatbelts & ALL the bolts, also a small plastic piece of floor that goes behind the seat on wagons.
That'll save ya some $$$...

I pulled mine out and man was it a bugger. I kept thinking how much I wanted to smack the person who designed/decided on that seat :lol:. They should have given it either a lock or seperate halves. That frame is heavy enough but then each side swings independantly of one another and cant be stopped while carrying it.

OP what color is your interior. I have the bins that Sleeper is refering to and the load floor that I am no longer using in the LT Grey color.