General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Daytona Blue / Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:11 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by MEGULA
If it wasn't for the tail being different, I would've sworn that someone was trying to sell Dory out from under me!

Vent visors.........Precision billet grill..........
Old 10-18-2007, 11:39 PM

Sorry didn't mean to ruffle feathers but there are issues to be aware of, the 06s steering column issues, rotor problems, a/c issues, keys stuck in the ignitions, gear select becoming jammed, water leaking into the floor on the front passenger side. Not all HHRs have the same problems and not all have had issues but for someone new to the forum these are good issues to know about when buying a used 06. We all want her experience to be positive, and if these issues have been resolved by GM and are covered under the remaining warranty I would think we all would want them address before said warranty ran out. I love my HHR it’s one of the best new cars I’ve ever owned so I’m definitely not slamming the 06 models just pointing out some things to look at when buying used. If you were to tell her they are great and never had an issue one IMO you would sound like a used car sales man.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by rcsart
If you were to tell her they are great and never had an issue one IMO you would sound like a used car sales man.

so if you just sign here on the dotted line............

you know rcsart, that's right, i mean a good friendly forum will advise others of what to expect and what experiences "we" have had. i mean if you wanna be nice and all, you know what im saying. it would only make that persons choices a lil more clear. when i bought my hhr i had bearly started to read up on here and see what's going on. even though i read up on the rotors and some other stuff, i still went for it, and still learning everyday
Old 10-19-2007, 06:16 AM

Well, as my hubz warned me, any car rolling out for the first edition is gonna have some kinks that will be addressed either directly at the dealership or as later models come out, so I'm gonna compile a "checklist" when shopping for my '06 LT next year.

Dean reminded me that one of our uncles is a retired GM employee and I could get a nice discount if I got a brand new HHR but I really am set on the '06 LT.

Plus, and this probably sounds quirky, I've always had used cars and I like 'em that way. I like knowing that there's already a history behind the vehicle and that someone else broke it in and handled any premmature headaches/issues with the car before me. Plus, the price is so much lower even when the car is fully loaded with low miles.

I guess I'm a penny pincher, but it pays off in the end, I think.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Banned

Dean reminded me that one of our uncles is a retired GM employee and I could get a nice discount if I got a brand new HHR but I really am set on the '06 LT.
That is something to think about and if you like blue, I'd take a look at an '08 Blue Flash model to see if you like that color too.

My Dad is a GM retiree now and I received his discount when I bought my car. There's a few things you need to think about when using the discount. First of all, many dealers will try to screw you on rebates and say they can't give 'em to you if you're going to use the discount. This is not true. Also, many will not give you a decent trade-in value if they know you're going to use the discount. Best practice in this situation is to go to a place like Carmax and get an appraisal first, OR throw the dealer a bone and let them appraise your car before you tell them you want the GMS/o1 discount.

The nice thing about the program is that often times it'll get the car down below what a used car would cost if it were a year old. Will it get it down to the wholesale value of the car? Of course not. Is there room for negotiation? No. But coupled with the lower interest rates available on new cars and the fact that you'll be with the car the whole time, it can be just as good a deal as buying a used car.

Having said all that, I'm a big proponent of used cars. I used to work at Carmax and I will tout the benefits of no lost depreciation any day of the week. If I were buying a non-GM car or even something like a Corvette, I'd go used. However, if you're in a situation where you can get the employee discounts and it'll work better for you in the long run, do it.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM

I Have An 06 1lt Daytona Blue Built 12/05 Just Turned 36000 Mi Not A Single Problem Not Even A Rattle. Avg 32mpg I Love This Car
Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 PM

If there any interested, my uncle dealership have a 2006 HHR LT II with 2.4L, Sunroof full equip with out leather seat, it a demo, got around 13 000 KM. his asking 18 995$ for it....

Ste-Marie Automobiles
540, rue Notre-Dame
Saint-Rémi (Quebec)
J0L2L0

Ask for Robert Ste-Marie

Phone: 450-454-4614
Fax:450-454-6038

Description:

Chevrolet HHR - 2006
Price : $ 18995
Kilometers : 13164
Stock# : 63012
Condition : Used/Demo
Warranty : Disponible
Serial number(NIV) : 3GNDA23P16S503970
Transmission : Automatic
Cylindrer : 4, 2.4L Ecotec VTT
Vehicle Options : Anti thief, A/C, , intermittent wiper, fog light, ABS, aluminium wheel, AM/FM Stéréo Compact disc radio, step, electric mirrors, Sun roof, tinted window, tilt steering
Color: Daytona blue
Interior: ebony
Old 10-22-2007, 08:07 PM

bertland!!! now that seems like an excellent deal. You are wayyyyy to far from me to even consider looking at it, but i am curious...any accidents on that low mileage 2006 HHR? Price seems real reasonable for what your getting. I bet the american forum members are giggling as they probably can get the same HHR but as a 2007 with zero mileage for same price or less!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:27 PM

My Nephew works at the dealership I got Blackie at--got it for the fleet price as well as given all rebates (ended up saving over $7K with my down included). I think I did pretty darn good with what it has on it. My sister also got a great deal on her '07 Tahoe (La Chula).

If you can get the 'family price', it is worth going new...and ask for all the rebates!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned

WAY too expensive. You can do better.

Quick Reply: Daytona Blue / Sunroof