General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Did he get over on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:55 PM

Question Did he get over on?

My step father went and got my mother an HHR here is what he got
2007 DSM,LS,2.2
No remote start
No running boards
No roof rails
Hub caps
He was told that they all come with remote start, they went in to sign papers they gave them the fob and said they guess they dont all come with remote start, he did not say anything to them(why, I have no idea)
he payed 17,900 that was with my moms discount from her job, some kind of gm deal, they give her company. She only complains about no remote start cause they live in ohio, I think they got a crapy deal what do you all think? I told her go try and get them to install the remote for her for free, I hope she will.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:58 PM

Yikes!! 17,900 for an LS!! They should have got an LT1 for that price!! Don't forget to invite them to join the site!
LT 1LT
MSRP* $17,550.00 Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 1LS features:
Driver Information Center: includes travel calculations, temperature personalization settings and Oil Life Monitor
Mirrors, outside: power with satin-chrome cap
Satin Chrome Exterior Appearance Package: includes satin-chrome grille, outside mirrors, lift gate applique, door handles and roof-mounted side rails; when equipped
Seat controls: driver, eight-way power-adjustable
Wheels: 16-inch, machined-face, aluminum
Old 03-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member

You really didn't provide enough information on options, etc. or if that is the total price.

But it is the bottom line model. Remote start only comes on the automatic.

Your mother probably works for a GM supplier. As such, she should get at least a 5% discount from MSRP (plus tax, license, destination, etc). I would look to see if it is reflected in the paperwork.

With the information supplied, I think they paid a little on the high side..
Old 03-16-2007, 04:07 PM

I'd honestly say, that car dealership saw your stepfather coming a mile away.

#1, is it an automatic? Because if it is, it should have the remote start, because all automatic HHR's intended for public purchase come with it. If he has auto/no remote start, then he was sold a vehicle built for the rental market.

#2, the price he paid is for a similarly equipped 1LT with remote start and without discounts at all. At that price he should have been able to buy Stitch II's red identical twin Leroy.

#3, and here's a big one ... if it's an automatic, is it even equipped with cruise control? Because if it isn't, then your stepdad got seriously hosed on that deal, because he was sold a "Special Value" edition (a thing GM does on a number of models: my wife's G6 was a "Special Value" edition which was priced about $2000 lower than a typical G6 but sacrificed little things like cruise control.). He should've paid close to the minimum MSRP for what he got.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:08 PM

OOOOOOH YES they took your dad for a big ride Bill Heard Chevy has 07 1LT for $14,995+ tax here in central ,FL. with remote start !!!!!! What other opts. That car is msrp at what $15,900 If it has no remote start that car is like Desert Coyote said a "Special Value" or a car like my car that was a rental fleet car that I got from the dealer that I use to work at
Old 03-16-2007, 04:29 PM

Im sorry, yes it is a automatic, I will have to ask them if they got cruis controll, I did call Chevy and they said automatic start is an "option", I told him I think they sold him a rental fleet car. He has just the base model nothing on it, He did not research they car before he went and he is not computer smart, to check things out, he is at the dealer now asking them about what they sold him, he said he will call me back later and let me know what they said, He said they did not even give him the stick sheet from the window, so he is going to ask about that as well. I will let you all know what is said, thanks for your in puts.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by tamar0804
Im sorry, yes it is a automatic, I will have to ask them if they got cruis controll, I did call Chevy and they said automatic start is an "option", I told him I think they sold him a rental fleet car. He has just the base model nothing on it, He did not research they car before he went and he is not computer smart, to check things out, he is at the dealer now asking them about what they sold him, he said he will call me back later and let me know what they said, He said they did not even give him the stick sheet from the window, so he is going to ask about that as well. I will let you all know what is said, thanks for your in puts.

Not sure about the 07 but on the 06 if it was an automatic then it came standard with auto-start. Excluding the rental fleet that is.. The LS model for a rental fleet car generally does not come with auto-start. Is this a new car or did he buy it used? If he bought it used then He definately got taken, sorry . Maybe He can get the dealer to fix this, I sure hope so..
Old 03-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Well no its a new car 3 miles on it when he got it, I told him he got taken, I knew they bought one I just did not know all of what they got until today, I did not think to ask until today when we were talking about the car, I told him I got my new 07. dsm, LT1, 2.4, chrome package, automatic, auto start,and got them to agree to install the roof rails at no cost to me,and they gave me the enviromental protection, I payed 18,100 then got the 1,000 off from the gm rebate so 17,100 and he could not believe it, so I asked what he got, and thats why he is at the dealer right now.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Perhaps he was just given the wrong key fobs? According to the GM Online Ordering Guide, Remote Start is standard on (and only available with) HHR's equipped with the automatic transmission. Check for RPO code AP3 on the SPID label (Service Parts Identification Label) on the inside of glove box door.

FYI - there is no "Special Value Package" on the HHR
Old 03-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Here is the latest pricing for the '07 HHR:

MSRP: $15,960 + 590 destination + 1000 auto trans & remote start = $17,550
GM Supplier price: $16,702 plus state fees and taxes

Assuming no other options or warrantees purchased AND that their was no negative equity rolled over from a trade-in, the price is actually pretty close because you have to add in sales tax, registration fees, etc. Here in Florida, that would come close $18.8, $18.9 out the door using MSRP. The price they paid may be accurate though not necessarily the best deal they have gotten (remember they used the GM Supplier Discount, they may have been able to negotiate a better deal without it). That said, I'd say they didn't get taken.