Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Do I have remote start?? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/do-i-have-remote-start-11993/)

SandyBeach 12-10-2007 07:58 PM

Did you know that if you decide you're not ready to leave, you can use the key fob to turn the engine back off. I tried it one day just for kicks.

mmouse 12-10-2007 08:24 PM

Do you just hit the remote button again to turn it off?

shaginwgn 12-10-2007 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by mmouse (Post 218577)

Yep just hit the remote button only and engine turns off

itschaboykenny 12-10-2007 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach (Post 218569)
Did you know that if you decide you're not ready to leave, you can use the key fob to turn the engine back off. I tried it one day just for kicks.

Originally Posted by mmouse (Post 218577)

Originally Posted by shaginwgn (Post 218578)
Yep just hit the remote button only and engine turns off

this would be the button known as the circle thinggy with the arrow aka remote start :lol:

shaginwgn 12-10-2007 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by itschaboykenny (Post 218581)
this would be the button known as the circle thinggy with the arrow aka remote start :lol:

That be the one:thumb: :roll:

Dan's HHR 12-11-2007 01:40 AM

:welcome:

doeppel 12-14-2007 09:25 PM

So after reading it seems that Remote Start is standard with Automatic. I bought mine used from a GMc dealer. It is a 2006 LS with Automatic. I only received one key fob and it does not have the remote start button.

So can I get the correct key fob and have remote start?

Is there anything else that will tell me if I have it or not?

Thanks,

Dave

nss79 12-14-2007 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by doeppel (Post 219674)
So after reading it seems that Remote Start is standard with Automatic. I bought mine used from a GMc dealer. It is a 2006 LS with Automatic. I only received one key fob and it does not have the remote start button.

Thanks,

Dave

If your car was a rental then it may not come with remote start. You could always ask the dealer you bought it from if yours has it, then request the correct remotes.

itschaboykenny 12-14-2007 09:58 PM

Thanks,

Dave

PM SENT!! :D

Brewer13 12-15-2007 04:29 PM

Thanks,

Dave

There is no specific remote start button. Push the lock button once(on the left) and the alarm button(on top) next, if it doesn't start (after a few tries just in case) you might not have it. There are instructions on the back of the FOB. If they aren't there, chances are you don't have it.