General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Do you drive with the traction control on at all times..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Do you drive with the traction control on at all times..

or just during rainy/snowy days? Just curious. I've never owned a vehicle with traction control before.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:31 PM

Pretty much yes. I do set it to competition mode sometimes (might only be available on the SS) but I never turn it off. With the SS, the standard setting for traction control can engage abrubptly and be annoying if you are driving it aggressively. When I had the 2LT, I don't even recall if turning off the trac control was possible. I sure had no desire to as it was not intrusive to normal driving.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:53 PM

I've got a 2LT with an auto.... no "real" option for turning it off. (low gear or E brake aren't real options in my opinion but the only way to turn it off)
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 PM

Huh? I been making the occasional tire noise with my panel...
Old 09-22-2010, 06:59 PM

I have a button by my fog lights that turn in off or on on my '09 2LT but I have only turned it off once to smoke the tires. Other than that, it stays on.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 PM

Never!!! Its a habit for me now. Tap twice and hold for ten seconds to disable the esc. I always adjust my driving style to the conditions. I've never had a car with traction control and/or esc before and I have never had any problems before the SS so... I think the driver should be able to control car regardless of all this new technology. Just my opinion though.

Dave
Old 09-22-2010, 08:07 PM

Off everytime I get in.....as with the fogs coming on and offing the daylights......look at it this way..with it on it affects milage everytime it kicks in and applies brakes or cuts power...now when weather is really bad its on..I experimented this past winter and there is a definit difference in control in fresh snow, when you need the most control....dont care how good you are you can't react quicker then a computer, period. The car will slide before you'll ever notice( you may be able to control it, but let me see you get out of the way of somebody else who doesn;t). In good weather I want all available power..well..available, there I can outdrive most situations.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:21 PM

Same here, Fogs on, daylights off, comp mode on . Or off completly.
And agree, that you will not act faster than that computer.
go to an empty parking lot after a fresh snow, With the system on, i could not get the car sideways.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS
Never!!! Its a habit for me now. Tap twice and hold for ten seconds to disable the esc. I always adjust my driving style to the conditions. I've never had a car with traction control and/or esc before and I have never had any problems before the SS so... I think the driver should be able to control car regardless of all this new technology. Just my opinion though.

Dave
Tap twice and then hold for ten seconds , That negates the two taps and shuts it all off , Thats my understanding.
Please don't tell me after i've got 52,000 miles on my SS, That that's bogus info. ?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by bassbase
I have a button by my fog lights that turn in off or on on my '09 2LT but I have only turned it off once to smoke the tires. Other than that, it stays on.
That's how mine is set up. Actually I should say the wife's, as my car is a '99 Lumina, but I've adopted the 2LT Red beauty as part mine. lol

Quick Reply: Do you drive with the traction control on at all times..