General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

FINALLY. The search is over! :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 03:12 PM

Thumbs up FINALLY. The search is over! :)

Thanks to Jaxed and CL and being on constant vigil, I found THE ONE! 2007 in rare Majestic Amethyst Pearl Metallic. They only offered this color in 2006 and the first few months of the 2007 model year - until Jan of 2007, so finding an 07 was amazingly fortunate, since only THIS color would do.

I got it in WA from an elderly retired couple and drove it back down, 7 states in three days, a nice road trip with the GF and about 1500 miles total. Was digging the section of I-84 in Idaho where the speed limit is a posted 80! Never saw that in my lifetime before. This beauty was always garaged, came with all service records in a file, an impressive Carfax, no paint work or accidents ever, just 18300 miles when I picked it up, onStar, XM, grey leather, heated seats, moonroof, running boards, roof rails, smells like new inside. Very tight. How nice is it? The polished mags have zero scratches or curb rash. It's as new. Found a local dealer who will give me a 36/36 GMPP Major Guard extended warranty with $50 deductible for $895 too if I want some extra protection to go along with the drivetrain warranty still in effect.

It's a sweet one! Thanks to all the members here that offered info and advice in my search. I went through a lot to get this one, including a 2006 LT with 48k miles that I was going to get from a Cadillac dealer in TX. The Carfax said no accidents, one owner. I tracked down the one owner and oops, $8k in hail damage that either Geico or TX DOT failed to report to Carfax. Years ago I found the GF a Honda CRV on eBay with a 'clean' Carfax too. Tracked that owner down and it had been totaled but never reported to Carfax and of course the eBay seller - another TX dealer, was claiming it was only repainted for door dings along the side. Why is it always Texas?

Last edited by dartanian; 06-17-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM

Congratulations

This time, it looks like you really did get almost every option (what about the side airbags and the rear spoiler?). You also got a 2007 with the much better powertrain warranty than the 2006s you were considering. I imagine you got an automatic? Care to share purchase price or VIN?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 PM

Thanks! A/T and I'm not a fan of spoilers, thankfully it has none. It might have been a deal killer. Yes on the side airbags. I got a really fair price in my opinion. I shared the VIN with Chevy Mgr but I gave him so many others to look up he probably just rolled his eyes on the one I finally got. LOL

Do you folks think I should spend the $895 for the GMPP warranty? It would be another 3 years or 36k miles from the date I buy it. Seems like a great deal - the dealer claims he's only making $20 on it at that price.

Last edited by dartanian; 06-16-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:55 PM

Congratulations, what a great find!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a find!
Now you need to join us here: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/south-pacific-36/main-street-america-car-show-28685/
It is in San Diego, so no excuses.

@ngelita
Old 06-16-2010, 06:46 PM

Can't beat the locale for sure. But just a bone stock HHR in a car show? (albeit a CHERRY bone stock HHR in the coolest color - lol). I've done lots of meet and greets in previous clubs though. Hmmmm .... ya never know.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 PM

No one cares if it is stock -- it *is* a rare color although the other day, I swear I saw THREE in the span of 5 minutes here in Santa Ana!

This is a cool show, charity event, WELL RUN and the most gorgeous place we have ever showed at. Many of us are thinking of making a weekend out of it and coming down on Saturday.

Although if you do go, you may leave with your first mod: Don's famous *rear-wiper-delete* option. Just sayin'

@ngelita
Old 06-16-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
No one cares if it is stock -- it *is* a rare color although the other day, I swear I saw THREE in the span of 5 minutes here in Santa Ana! @ngelita
That weren't three, that were me, drivin' real fast and in circles around ya to get home. LOL Me thinks my first mod is gonna be a rear bumper protector. Have already been eying the oem rubbery ones on eBay.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 PM

That is nice lookin'. Good Luck with it
Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 PM

It looks just like the one I traded in on my SS. It was also an 07

Quick Reply: FINALLY. The search is over! :)