General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Front struts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 07:01 AM

I have the Quick Struts on mine.... have no problem
Old 05-10-2019, 05:07 PM

I Just had Monroe Quik Struts front,Rear Shock and Moog Sway Bar links, about 500 mile ago Did not really notice a bad ride before I change them but had 78k on the HHR so figure it was time ,, seem a tiny bit firmer but really seems to hug the road better ! SO far I am real
happy ,

Last edited by Radco; 05-11-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Awesome, happy it’s riding smooth!

Last edited by Oldblue; 05-12-2019 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Blue I am really impressed with the Monroe's so far , Now about 600 on them..Will see how they hold up !
I am shocked how good the prices are on Rock Auto with discount ! I will price check them for my next items :)
Will see if the Monroe haters are right lol.. If they are right I am only out a couple hundred buck s :O So will see :)

Last edited by Radco; 05-13-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Keep us informed, and enjoy the test driving!
Old 05-12-2019, 12:55 PM

Thanks Blue. Yea I will see if I have the same issues others have had or if they hold up :) I will do a 5 k review and get the haters to like me or hate me more lol But looking at the Rock Auto site with the discount they have some great prices. as good or better then what I get at work ! On my Truck I will be going Bilstein's :)
Old 05-13-2019, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Radco
Thanks Blue. Yea I will see if I have the same issues others have had or if they hold up :) I will do a 5 k review and get the haters to like me or hate me more lol But looking at the Rock Auto site with the discount they have some great prices. as good or better then what I get at work ! On my Truck I will be going Bilstein's :)
Hey there, Dedham!

I lived one winter on Deer Isle, a bit south of you. My Mom rented an apartment over the funeral home in Stonington. The location was weird, the winter was way beyond terrible. It never got below zero, but the chill factors were insane. You try 8*F with a 40 mph wind right off the ocean... I was 15 then. 40 years later, I can still feel it. I miss Maine, though. Mother Nature is closer to earth there. My mother is now in Brunswick, but we both know that's not the whole experience there...
Old 05-13-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Blue_SS
Hey there, Dedham!

I lived one winter on Deer Isle, a bit south of you. My Mom rented an apartment over the funeral home in Stonington. The location was weird, the winter was way beyond terrible. It never got below zero, but the chill factors were insane. You try 8*F with a 40 mph wind right off the ocean... I was 15 then. 40 years later, I can still feel it. I miss Maine, though. Mother Nature is closer to earth there. My mother is now in Brunswick, but we both know that's not the whole experience there...
BlueSS yea the windchill does suck lol, I have been up here since 90. Moved from Ct. The nice thing is I and a couple hrs to the border so when we do another fishing trip to Canada it is closer :) I do love it up here miss the $$$$ I used to make in Ct. but worth it :)
Old 05-14-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Radco
BlueSS yea the windchill does suck lol, I have been up here since 90. Moved from Ct. The nice thing is I and a couple hrs to the border so when we do another fishing trip to Canada it is closer :) I do love it up here miss the $$$$ I used to make in Ct. but worth it :)
I can only dream. I took the wife to Nova Scotia and we did the Cabot Trail. Recommend it to everyone who loves natural beauty. It is NOT touristy and all of that - at all. Just amazing, but I REALLY wanted to fish. She wanted to get back to Halifax and civilization. Wife always wins.

But, I have to say, Nova Scotia looks like just amazing Salmon country. You have it closer to you, too, in Maine. If you love Maine, you would love Nova Scotia - at least in summer. I heard the winters are brutal. Oh well. I could go for the tradeoff, but I would be solo... LOL

I never curse the weather. Only the drivers who act like they have never seen it...
Old 05-24-2019, 05:20 AM

we have a Michelin plant in Nova …………….ummmmmmmmmmm

Quick Reply: Front struts?