General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Getting Flashed at by Other Cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Getting Flashed at by Other Cars

It seems like ever since I got my HHR, I've been getting flashed at by other cars, even with my low-beams on. I hardly ever use my brights, so I just leave the low-beams on at night. But I feel like I'm always getting flashed at by other cars. So then I flash them back, and sometimes they just continue to flash me, like they insist my brights are on. My headlights are 100% stock. I don't have HIDs or a different bulb in there. It's kind of annoying when other cars keep flashing you. I never had this problem with my last car. Does anybody with stock headlights always get flashed with just their low-beams on??
Old 09-27-2010, 03:04 PM

I have seen a few others comment on this but I have never had that happen.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Rest In Peace

I'd get a couple "Flashes" with my factory fog lights on. I hit em back with my High Beams letting them know my brights Weren't on.

Fogs off no flashes.

And that was Before lowering with the Gold Lines, After lowering is about the Same with the flashes.

I could see my headlights being a tad bit high from lowering since it also levels it, but at the same time it's Lowered overall.

But the far and few between flashers are still about the Same as they ever were and most seem to think "OMG 4 lights ON on that car I better Flash them!" LOL
I just hit em with my own Brights for flashing.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 PM

I don't have fog lights, but I still get flashed at with my normal low-beam headlights on.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by goetylsd
Does anybody with stock headlights always get flashed with just their low-beams on??
This problem just started to occur w/ Dory. She'd been lowered for 4 years w/o any problems, and even after updating the headlights to the Premiere Editions for a year +, wasn't having any issues. Then for some reason that I really don't know, it seemed if everyone thought I had my brights on.

Guess I won't have to worry about that problem any more. Don't think anyone can mistake the brights being on in the QX56, feel sorry for them if they even give on flash at me.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by goetylsd
I don't have fog lights, but I still get flashed at with my normal low-beam headlights on.
If it's happening more often than not, adjust them down a touch. I think it's just a Torx bit used.

I only get flashed very rarely, not often at all, and I have noticed it while my fogs have been on.

I Like the added light they give me right up front, no dark spot before the front end with just the regular headlights on only.

I think it may also have to do with just how high up the oncoming car is, 1 out of 1000 or more cars pass by without a flash. Higher I bet.

Drive with the brights on and many many many more will give you a flash, so they can't be that far out.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM

I spent all night on saturday on a long dark country road getting flashed. Maybe that's why i love these lights so much. they're too high. F-it I'm leaving them alone. I don't even have fogs & these are the best lights i've ever had
Old 09-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member

Proper adjustment, takes like 15 minutes..

One thing I hate on my bike is someone coming at me & I can't see shi*, cause some either don't care, or don't have a clue.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:55 PM

where I live it's a way of saying hellojust 2 hhr's passing .Bikers wave.Big trucks of the same compay might toot there horn.95%it's a quick flash just saying hi that's all 'A harmless helloto 2 passing hhrs on the hiway.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by hermit375
where I live it's a way of saying hellojust 2 hhr's passing .Bikers wave.Big trucks of the same compay might toot there horn.95%it's a quick flash just saying hi that's all 'A harmless helloto 2 passing hhrs on the hiway.
By the way, I noticed this is your first post. Welcome to the site!! It's good to have you here.

Quick Reply: Getting Flashed at by Other Cars