General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Getting ready to buy HHR but have a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kennys2009HHR
been there done that called a chevy dealership and asked for the internet manager and i asked if she had any with the AA5 rear quarter delete option.... her answer was "They don't make those, it only comes in Panel and Sedan"

Well, duh!!!! Now I know.......
Old 07-05-2008, 05:25 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 18
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!!

1. Don't know, don't have any kids
2. Personal Preference (test them both and determine value/cost)
3. Same as 2
4. Has been answered

Let us know what you end up with
Old 07-05-2008, 06:10 AM

Thanks for all the replies to my questions..

I was leaning towards the Victory Red SS 5 speed but saw a pic of a 2LT Victory Red here on the forum with the solid rear quarter panel option and REALLY like the looks of that vehicle. Its just different and I like that, but that 5 speed SS I drove the other night was really sweet as well.

I need to decide something today so my dealership can go get the one I want.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:17 AM

I am old and knowledgeable, having learned the hard way too often but it is absolutely frustrating when I read or hear about "blindspots"!!!!! If you have a right outside mirror, there should be no such thing as a blind spot if you know how to adjust and use a mirror! I just bought a new '08 LS ($14,000 including sales tax and new plate minus GM Card earnings = $12,137 out the door!!!!!) without the quarter windows and LOVE the style!!!!! There is NO blindspot!!!!! ...just great styling! As far as the SS goes, do not consider an SS with an automatic for two reasons. 1) too few h.p. vs. the stick 2) too few gears (four speeds are now not competitive in today's marketplace). I have spoken!
Old 07-05-2008, 06:42 AM

Thanks Danko, I wasn't to worried about the blindspots to be honest with you. My wife drives an 08 GMV Acadia and she swears it has blinds spots too.. I have not had that problem at all.

I am to confused on what to get. I know the resale value on the regular HHR's is not very good and the SS resale value will be much better. That might be a deciding factor in my decision.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:49 AM

SCREW resale! Buy EXACTLY what you want and enjoy life! Next time you see someone looking over their shoulder to back up or change lanes ------------ SMACK THEM and tell them to use their outside rearview mirrors! ...and how bad can resale be if I just bought a new AA5 for $14k minus GM Card earnings = $12,137 out the door including sales tax and new plate?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:11 AM

Danko,

I see your point and agree with what your saying but I am not buying a base model LS.. I am looking at the 2LT or SS. I am not paying 12K for my vehicle, more like 21-23K for it and taking the 0% for 72. I am GMS so I get about 2K off the sticker, but thats it.

I was just seeing some used 08's for 12-15K but those where mostly the base LS model. Resale value on most vehicles stink anyways.

I have to worry about resale as I buy and trade out vehicles pretty often. I am hoping the HHR will be a vehicle I want to keep!!

Thanks for your comments..
Old 07-05-2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Danko
I am old and knowledgeable, having learned the hard way too often but it is absolutely frustrating when I read or hear about "blindspots"!!!!! If you have a right outside mirror, there should be no such thing as a blind spot if you know how to adjust and use a mirror! I just bought a new '08 LS ($14,000 including sales tax and new plate minus GM Card earnings = $12,137 out the door!!!!!) without the quarter windows and LOVE the style!!!!! There is NO blindspot!!!!! ...just great styling! As far as the SS goes, do not consider an SS with an automatic for two reasons. 1) too few h.p. vs. the stick 2) too few gears (four speeds are now not competitive in today's marketplace). I have spoken!

How many HHR/SS auto's have you driven??????? Yep, same ole Danko.....same as you were in the SSR forum........WW PS: in the last 6 mths. I've have had a 07 -LT2 Which was great.....But traded it for a SS as soon

as I could get one.......Which is much better.......I put 5k miles on the LT2 and 3k miles on the SS........So I should know a little about both....and BTW I still have the SSR......

Last edited by Whitewolf; 07-07-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 AM

Whitewolf,

Can you please compare the LT2 to your SS? I know the SS is faster but tell me why you thinks its better in other ways.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jims08ss
Whitewolf,

Can you please compare the LT2 to your SS? I know the SS is faster but tell me why you thinks its better in other ways.
Faster........I didn't buy it because it was faster.........Having had the LT2 for 5 mths........there were a few mods I wanted......18" wheels with Mich .tire.....Custom color interior attracted my wife.....Ground affects.......Over all appearence........Grill .... Facier...front and rear...... A different type of rear spoiler.....Now then there's the 2.0 Turbo...And the rear Disc brakes and performance suspension....Just figure out what all these things are worth...and there already installed ...So figured out it was a really good buy.....especially since I get GMS pricing.....Plus I had an excellent dealer to work with....I got the first one they got in...... I have a Victory Red with Red and Black interior.........Am getting ready to add a few mods of my own making.......If you have seen my SSR then you'll understand.....Wolfie

Last edited by Whitewolf; 07-07-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Getting ready to buy HHR but have a couple of questions