General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Has anyone wrapped their car with another business' advertisment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 AM

Has anyone wrapped their car with another business' advertisment?

Hey everyone! First time poster here.

I've seen a few HHRs out there that have a car wrap on it advertising different companies. I was wondering if any of you have been able to do that and were/are paid for allowing them to advertise on your car. If so, how would one go about doing that?

I found one website, but it requires me to pay, so I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.

I'm about to make a big move from Illinois to California in my car, so I think it would make a lot of sense to have advertisement for something like that as it's over 2,000 miles. I'll end up living in between LA and Anaheim next to Disneyland at a college campus. So I'll be in a heavily populated area.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:46 AM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
I found a couple websites about 3 or 4 years ago that would do it for free (wrap your car). The required you to keep a driving log, and they reimbursed you either gas, or 'rent' for having the wrap on your car.

I haven't been able to find those sites again (go figure), but they were in California.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 AM

http://www.freegashelp.com/
Old 07-26-2009, 01:02 AM

I have a new 09 HHR LT2 that I advertize my business on, a friend has a full body wrap on his that he advertizes his business on, wondering if what you are seeing might be for your own HHR....would be interested in knowing where one could get a full body wrap, my friends came with his franchize....
Old 08-02-2009, 07:11 PM

I'm trying to do it for other businesses and having them pay me.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:45 PM

i looked into a bunch of those a few years ago, and basically came up with the conclusion that all of them want you to pay before they tell you anything. Not really what i was going for since it is not guaranteed at all.

Most of the time for cars like this they are usually full custom jobs. We had a few around the WMU campus for redbull. A mini and one of the ford sport trac trucks, both with giant red bull cans on them.

All in all it just seemed difficult to actually get it setup.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:51 PM

the redbull ones are actually owned by redbull. It is a promo vehicle that collages kids get to drive around for a job. they drive the redbull vehicles to parties, local business, ect and hand out redbull. I looked into it a few years ago, but the only college in WI at the time was UW-madison.