General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

hello

Old 10-28-2005, 08:52 AM
lou

after market parts and the HHR

whats up all this is my cheery busting post and it wont be my last. i have a question for you all, as we all know after market parts are slowly coming out, but which ones will void the warrenties. my boy has a PT loser and he added custom rims 2" bigger then stock and he lost his brake warrenty, he lowered it and lost the suspention warrenty, he threw a auto start and lost his electrical warrenty, well you see where im going with this.

so does anyone know whats going to be safe to add?

Lou

Last edited by lou; 10-28-2005 at 09:50 AM. Reason: subject line
Old 10-28-2005, 11:04 AM

Yes. Very good questions. I will have to look into my warranty package for you.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Founding Member

welcome :)
Old 10-29-2005, 04:17 PM

Well Lou I guess the best thing to do is:

Don't put large aftermarket tires on the car, the ones it comes with are really pretty good!

Don't lower it as it is already pretty low!

Buy the 2LT and I think most of the vehicles with auto trans and it comes with remote start!

I really enjoy reading about how people are making changes to their new cars, but I just don't understand it totally. Gosh you buy something between $16K and $24K and the first thing to do is go out and buy new rims and tires? Or pull out the stereo system and buy aftermarket stereo? Then go ahead and take the car apart and have it painted?

I know it is an age thing after all I am 59, but I look at the HHR as one fun vehilce to drive, it gets me from point A to point B with little effort and very little gas. I plan on washing it, waxing it, change the oil on a regular basis, clean the inside often, and vacuum the very poorly designed floor mats. But, in a short period of time (two or three years) I will be looking for the replacement HHR! I just have trouble buying something for this amount of money and then sinking in another 5 to 10 K into it.

If I wanted to spend that kind of money I would of looked closely at the SSR (it starts around at $39K and most are over $45K, I think) (and with the 400 HP you might get 9 mpg) or the Hummer H3 which is maybe going to give you 15 mpg on the highway.

Just the way I think and I know I love the looks of the custom rides, but lets face it the cost for that is really high and people's heads turn for the standard plain HHR's!

Wayne

Search this Thread