General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:50 PM

HHR forum

First I hope this is in the right thread department. Hey all. I have just one thing to say to all of you out there who have answered anyones thread or post on this forum. Keep up the great work!I know that it takes time out of your day, especially the moderators and other people behind the seen. I'm a member of three other forums that cater to a different brand of car and they are a totally different group of people. A simple post can turn into a huge b@&*h fest and run totally off track. This site seems to have a large numger of prople who truly enjoy this forum and like to be able to talk to fellow owners and get their take on projects and lives. I have two other project cars and should probably work on them, but you people seem to have your act togethter better and seem to get along better together then the other forums. Heck, I already have almost twenty PM's since I joined maybe, maybe two months ago. I don't have a single one from any other forum. I've already made some new friends, even though I may not have met them yet, hopefully soon. Sorry to rant, but I just needed to say this and let you know I think this is the place to be.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM

You are from Illinois. You shouldn't have too many problems meeting some great chevyhhr.net members. We just met a bunch of them from your area over the weekend and let me tell you, they were GREAT
Old 08-26-2007, 09:05 PM

Yeah I wanted to go but had previous requirements I had to attend to. Hopefully next year. I saw somewhere that last year was down here in Washinton, Il. I didn't even now about it or I might of gone just to check out the HHR's. Always liked when they first came out just wasn't able to buy one at the time.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:25 PM

runs in that area close to 4 a year or just for fun more often..
Old 08-26-2007, 11:18 PM

Stick, you are so right. I'm on 5 other boards and one is total ego and attitude.. There is another HHR site and they bash each other daily. Everyone here seems to want to support the common ground of the HHR and that's great. I have all but stopped posting on the other board.

This place is great.

Stick,
Is that a VW in your avitar?

Last edited by Hotrodbob; 08-26-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-27-2007, 12:19 AM

Great post Stick! When I first got here e few months ago, I noticed the same thing you did, great people always willing to help. I got my share of help and advice as soon as I signed up. I've been to one G2G and had a great time and met some awesome people.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM

Yes hotrodbob, you are right. It's a fastback, most people don't even know what it is when I tell them it's a VW Here is a full car pic and a view of the front air bag setup I built myself.
Name:  fastback001.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  5.8 KB
Name:  fastback003.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  44.2 KB

I have done a suicide door treatment and have some other tricks up my sleeve yet when I can get to them.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 PM

Wasn't sure if it was a squareback or fastback, but dang that is low. A bagged front end too! WOW that is cool.

I always wanted to build one of them with box flairs and wide rubber like a 944, but always had to many other projects. Did do a beetle once with 4" wider steel fenders and 10" rubber, but the notch, square and fastback are so cool.

Great to see it.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:01 PM

Wow, never knew VW made a car like that. Looks very cool.

You're right about this forum too, it's much better than certain *cough* s-10 forums.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Pekin Illinois. I have Pekin Auto Insurance on our HHR, VW Beetle (diesel TDI), and Dakota P/U, and Pekin Homeowner's Insurance on our house.

Welcome to the forum! That old veedub is going to look great once you get it done.

P.S. Siding and trim on your house looks brand new.

Quick Reply: HHR forum