General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Panel 1st choice

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Cool. My parents live in Stormstown, and I work for Fairmount East Apartments. If I see ya around, I'll stop and chat. I have a blue 2005 Cobalt 4 dr now..Im keeping that, and looking for an HHR. Can't beat Chevy and those Ecotecs.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by GrotesqueFetus6
id say get one... unless you really do have to carry tall stuff, then its worth looking at something else

but if its just small boxes and such, then the panel is the way to go!
I believe they make ladder racks for them too.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:11 PM

When I go to NYC for business, I never see any windowed HHRs, but the panels are pretty commonplace, usually utilized by electrical and/or mechanical contractors. They're the biggest thing in small utility vans in metro areas since the Chevy Astros and Ford Aerostars.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by JDdaddy07
Im starting a maintenance business and would like to hear everyones opinion or comments about buying an HHR Panel for a company vehicle.
What is it going to be used for? If it just to haul some small stuff around I would say If you are going to need alot of space then I would say go for a Ford Transit Connect.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
What is it going to be used for? If it just to haul some small stuff around I would say If you are going to need alot of space then I would say go for a Ford Transit Connect.
Like property maintenance(home and rental) type stuff. I think I could install a ladder rack...if I absolutely needed to.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 PM

If you think you might want/need to go to a ladder rack you might want to save this link. Don't remember if it was on this site but someone put a rack on their HHR from this place and loved it. Just another option.

http://www.adriansteel.com/
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by JDdaddy07
Who says you can't have fun while you're at work!! I live in the Penn State area(Happy Valley), so I gotta have something to show these kids up and still fix their stuff. Might even pick up a girl or two(yes, Im younger than you think...be 24 this year)
From up that way myself, my Family lives in the Johnstown/Altoona area. Usually make it up once a year and I'm a HUGE Penn State fan. Me and the wife are gonna get tickets down here for the Penn State/Alabama game in the fall.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Agree. They don't hold a lot. Make sure you have enough room for what you will be carrying.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:30 AM

I had not considered getting an HHR until I had seen a white panel last fall. I had a 57 panel back in the 70's and kick myself for letting it go back then when I was young and stupid(er). I found a red panel about an hour from home and bought it the same day. I got my 2000 Silverado out last week (31K miles) to rinse off the winter dust. Couldn't wait to put it back away to get back in the HHR. It is fun to drive.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 AM

I use mine for my vinyl graphics business, as well as my daily driver. I also haul my r/c stuff in it weekly. LOVE IT!!!
The first one I wanted to buy, a white one, is a parts delivery vehicle for my local Chevy dealer.
A computer repair service, an auto parts store, a pizza place, are among other businesses I've seen around using them.

Quick Reply: HHR Panel 1st choice