Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   HHR resale value (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/hhr-resale-value-21030/)

BigMOCats 02-01-2009 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6 (Post 353963)
Cars like the Grand Prix, Challanger, 300 and Taurus were more expensive than the HHR and at least in the midwest can at time be had for less than a 3 year old HHR.

:confused: Better check those car lots again.

spudly 02-01-2009 01:49 AM

We just picked up our 2007 2LT for $13,000, they were asking $15,000 for it. I watched it sit for over a month. We probably would have gone to look at it sooner, but it was 2 hours away from us. Finally my wife decided that was the one, she liked the SOM but didn't like the ebony interior on all of the ones we kept finding around here and this one has cashmere interior, so we went to look at it and ended up driving it home.

I don't see any cars holding value much right now. Like others mentioned, 300C's and Chargers are in the same price range. Heck even the SRT versions are at or slightly below $20K around here right now. There have been a few 2007 Cadillac STS-V's here in the bay area that were selling for right around $30K, talk about taking a hit driving that off the lot.

One of the things I have seen also is with all of the dealerships closing there are a lot of low mileage "used" cars. One of the HHRs I went to look at had under 300 miles on it but was used since the dealership bought it at auction from GM due to another dealership closing. Here in the bay area there are at least four Chevy dealerships that I know of that have closed in the last few months. It also looks like some of these "used" cars are hitting eBay. There have been a few SS's I have considered that are under $20K with under 1000 miles on them.

So I guess in short after all of that, the car market just stinks right now if you're selling. It's a great time to buy if you have cash or can swing a loan.

hyperv6 02-01-2009 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08 (Post 354136)
What he said. Caddy is another one that will rob the bank. 1/2 within 1 year. Which is nice if u want a 1-2yr 40k Caddy for 20K.

Yep. I have seen CTS and STS for under $20K and even lower end Benz, Lexus and BMW's cheap.

I have a kid at work looking at a 3 series BMW since it is cheap. I warned him he may be able to afford to buy it but make sure he had money to service it.

On the Chryslers, Dodges and Caddys keep in mind these are not V8 RT's or V series. Chryasler dumped a lot a V6 cars on the market.

They are like V6 Mustangs horrible resale.

cz4me 02-01-2009 07:31 AM

For used cars value go to www.edmunds.com their TMV (true market value) shows what its worth in your area. I do not use KBB because dealers do not, other than to show you trade in value, most around here use NADAGUIDES.COM. We got an 06 LT1 with under 26k miles for less than 12000.:steering:

masterchief1112 02-01-2009 10:25 AM

yeah edmunds appraised for about a grand more than blue book. 11,283

pitbull76 02-01-2009 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by masterchief1112 (Post 354225)
yeah edmunds appraised for about a grand more than blue book. 11,283

But dealers in this area won't give Edmunds price in trade in; Most use blue book if you're lucky, or black book. When dealers are selling used HHRs for close to what Edmunds lists their trade at, it ain't accurate.