General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR SS with automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:23 AM

Okay. I'm back from the dealership and here's what I found out. Using the GM Dealerworld website at the dealership (the same site Pittsburgh HHR used), my dealer was only able to find the HHR SS model designation "1AU46" in the new vehicle locator. No other information was listed (at least at my dealer here in Wisconsin). The salesperson said it's possible that the east coast has information before the midwest. So, in a nutshell, I didn't see any information to support or deny an automatic transmission in the HHR SS.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
Okay. I'm back from the dealership and here's what I found out. Using the GM Dealerworld website at the dealership (the same site Pittsburgh HHR used), my dealer was only able to find the HHR SS model designation "1AU46" in the new vehicle locator. No other information was listed (at least at my dealer here in Wisconsin). The salesperson said it's possible that the east coast has information before the midwest. So, in a nutshell, I didn't see any information to support or deny an automatic transmission in the HHR SS.
Well, maybe you will hear some good news soon. I imagine a auto will probably come at some point, but you never know. I owned a car once that was a manual only car. They never offered it in an auto. But you could get the same motor in another car, with an auto. Go figure.

That was the first production car that had 100 HP per liter. Anyone car to guess what it was? year/make/model
Old 07-18-2007, 10:29 AM

Usually when a info on a new model comes out early, they list just what comes standard and thats all they did here.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 AM

solman, was that a Honda S2000? Don't know what year that came out in but I'm guessing sometime between 98 and 2000.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:37 AM

I posted this in the "HHR SS: let's discuss" thread, but it goes here too:

Wow... the conflicting information continues. I just got off the phone with another local dealer (in Wisconsin) who stated that the 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS is ABSOLUTELY going to have an available automatic on it. The manual will be standard but the automatic WILL be an option. He told me that the information was directly from the regional zone manager and that they have already recognized that the brochure was wrong in only listing the manual. It will be revised / fixed in a revised brochure that will give all of the specifics of the 08 HHR SS in the specs matrix. I'm officially going put my verbal HHR deal agreement on ice and wait to learn more on the SS as information comes available.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
solman, was that a Honda S2000? Don't know what year that came out in but I'm guessing sometime between 98 and 2000.

Nope, the S2000 entered the market at 120 HP per liter. 2.0/240
Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
I posted this in the "HHR SS: let's discuss" thread, but it goes here too:

Wow... the conflicting information continues. I just got off the phone with another local dealer (in Wisconsin) who stated that the 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS is ABSOLUTELY going to have an available automatic on it. The manual will be standard but the automatic WILL be an option. He told me that the information was directly from the regional zone manager and that they have already recognized that the brochure was wrong in only listing the manual. It will be revised / fixed in a revised brochure that will give all of the specifics of the 08 HHR SS in the specs matrix. I'm officially going put my verbal HHR deal agreement on ice and wait to learn more on the SS as information comes available.
According to the 2008 HHR Owners Manual, under Automatic Transmission....

SS Package
If your vehicle has the SS package, it is neither designed nor intended to tow a trailer.

I keep finding more and more references to the HHR SS with automatic transmission.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:18 PM

Where are you seeing the 2008 HHR owners manual?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member

I saw one, several months ago, with an automatic. As I said then, Federal emissions and engine cooling was a problem.

But, I don't know which auto was in it.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:29 PM

How did you see one several months ago? It's not even built or officially confirmed yet...

Quick Reply: HHR SS with automatic?