General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

How to tick off the wife

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:15 PM

How to tick off the wife

Well I had to idle the ole HHR into the dealer today. I played with the under hood fuse box the other day and killed it, would not start.

Took the battery to autozone and it was good and at 40%. They charged it for me and all was good. I get home and hooked it back up and still would not start.

I took the fuse box off again and checked everything. It all seemed ok. I put it back on and gave it a good push down and checked all the relays and fuses.
Started right up after that, but with reduced engine power.

Was going to try to take it to autozone and have them read the codes, but I didnt have enough power to make it up the bridge crossing to get there. My only option was the dealer. by by money I know, but after reading all I could find here and checking what I could I had no alternative as all other mechanics are across that same bridge
Old 07-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Since you seem to like to "tinker" with your own vehicles, I would suggest investing in your own scan tool for reading codes.
Or, if you have a smart phone, you could just get an app and wireless OBD plug in for reading the codes.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Since you seem to like to "tinker" with your own vehicles, I would suggest investing in your own scan tool for reading codes.
Or, if you have a smart phone, you could just get an app and wireless OBD plug in for reading the codes.
I will def have to look into that wireless obd. I used to have a 2003 F250 and could work on 95% of it. The HHR has been a brain buster so far. I think I will just let it be when it gets fixed.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:43 AM

Its much easier for me to tick off my wife.

Pretty much all I have to do is enter the same room as she's in, if that doesn't immediately do the trick all I have to do is open my mouth like I'm going to say something.

Mind you, I don't actually have to actually say anything,...
Old 07-18-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grizzly old man
Its much easier for me to tick off my wife.

Pretty much all I have to do is enter the same room as she's in, if that doesn't immediately do the trick all I have to do is open my mouth like I'm going to say something.

Mind you, I don't actually have to actually say anything,...
I was thinking along these lines, too. Like, should I really read this thread? I usually need no help...
Old 07-18-2014, 01:17 PM

Easy to iss my wife off. All I have to do is push the gas pedal all the way down on my SS, especially with the new Trifecta. Zoom!

Boydie
Old 07-18-2014, 07:40 PM

well after $270 dollars they found that I hadn't sat the fuse box down right and burnt a couple relays and some fuses. Must have done that when I drove it to the Dealer. They said I was lucky it didnt catch fire. Well I will not be messing with the fuse box anymore.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 PM

OMG OMG to all of this ^^^^
Old 07-21-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2oodoor
OMG OMG to all of this ^^^^
Agreed

/thread
Old 07-24-2014, 02:35 PM

I would add my 2 cents to this, but with my luck, the wife would be quietly standing behind me....

Quick Reply: How to tick off the wife