General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I am now in the CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:20 AM

I am now in the CLUB

This AM my soon to be wife mother to my soon to be born child BACKED her FORD ESCAPE into the back if my beloved HHR. she cam running in almost in tears saying she was sorry and she will call the insurance company. I was like calm down what happend. Well then i relize she has seen me get upset and go off cause some dumb person let a shopping cart roll into my fender and leave a very very small ding. Well she said come out side. I did. It wasnt bad looked like her tail pipe ripped into my bumper about a foot long and in deep in one spot well then i see she has pushed in the tailgate alittle still no biggie she is after all the woman i am gonna get hitched to and is the mother of my growing child inside her lol. Well after i calmed her down i sent her on her way to work told her i loved her and see her later. I called her at work to bust on her alittle lol she finds it funny now cause now she realized she has to call the insurance co and say she hit her other car which is insured in her name lol. here is the call i imagine ummmm yeah hi i ummmm hit my car with my car lol. hehehhehehehe ok its funny i am not mad cause i am very very protective of my cars lol oh well as they say stuff happens
Old 09-11-2006, 11:25 AM

sounds like something that would happen to me lately, lol

good luck with the repair
Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 AM

Oy! At least it was done with love
Old 09-11-2006, 11:33 AM

thanks fallen saint that just made me laugh HARD . I feel bad for her she was almost in tears but wait till she reads this she will laugh like me lol thanks for that
Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 PM

I'd get an estimate of the repairs before I would hit my own insurance up for my own repair of my own crash. wait, you said she hit it, never mind. lol Really I would look at not taking a hit on the bumper and on the insurance.
I hope she is doing better now. I had an incident very early on in my HHR, and my son was afraid of the garage door for months.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:52 PM

Sorry to hear what happened. Most important thing is her health...but it sounds like you're very understanding and are more worried about her than anything else. I'd get an estimate on it and if it's not that bad, I'd just pay it and avoid any increase in insurance rates as a result of an at-fault accident, unless of course you've got one of those accident forgiveness policies.

Tell her not to worry...it's just a car and it's not that big of a deal. Accidents happen...and making sure she's ok is most important. We shall have no tears and no stress...just a happy couple dealing with a little speedbump that they will get over and put behind them.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:22 PM

yeah she is just fine and is laughing as i type this. She said that the Ins people say it happens more often then one would think. We have a great ins company and they said it doesnt count against her since she has never filed a claim since she has been with the company for years :) So we are going to the ins place 2morrow and they will cut us the check then off to my buddys place and tell him to fix my Dark one lol Every one is ok but the HHR is hurtin alil all will b fixed lol :)
Old 09-11-2006, 06:32 PM

That's great news. Sounds like everything and everyone will be fine, including Dark.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:03 PM

Well i'm glad no one got hurt. Buy her some flowers
Old 09-11-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Dreamz
...we are going to the ins place 2morrow and they will cut us the check then off to my buddys place and tell him to fix my Dark one lol Every one is ok but the HHR is hurtin alil all will b fixed lol :)
Glad to hear it's working out all right - and everyone is getting a laugh now - after all, they are only cars. (did I just say that? )

N-E-Wayz...now's a good time to get your rear beauty bar color-mathced to the body (if you're into that), since they will have it off anyway while repairing the hatch. You might even have them do something to the bowtie while you're at it:

Gotta make the best out of a possible "free mod" situation!

Good luck!

Quick Reply: I am now in the CLUB