General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I can see those traffic lights now....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:46 PM

I don't even come close to seeing the tops of those pine trees just looking out the windshield but I can see them just fine in the lightinsight thing. I would put it a little more to the left (more directly in front of me) but I have a radar detector hanging from the visor.. it works just fine where it is though.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:05 PM

I see the need. I crane back and look out the sunroof to see the lights some times!

Still, it looks distracting. Is it? Does it add a weird lightshow as traffic goes by?
Just curious.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Harpozep
it looks distracting. Is it? Does it add a weird lightshow as traffic goes by?
Just curious.
I'm sure that after a few days of driving w/ it in place you wouldn't even know it's there. Also curious as to night time driving w/ it. How does it reflect/refract oncoming headlights?
Was also wondering, how tall are you? I'm thinking that my being almost 6'5", it would be in my line of vision looking through the windshield.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 PM

It looks like it does what the manufacturer says it will, it's out of the way compared to older styles, and the price seems right.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:22 PM

I have used the old school dash mounted relector in my chopped hot rods and believe me if I needed it (I am barely 5'8) the ride was heavily chopped...I definitely don't have a problem seeing through the HHR windshield...hahaha
Old 06-15-2006, 03:05 PM

I'm six feet tall and it's not in my line of sight.. I have it right at the edge of the black dots so it could be put up higher on the glass if need be. It's really not that big.. it looks bigger in the pictures then it really is. The first thing I thought when I took it out of the envelope was.. "this thing is smaller then it looked" and that's a good thing cuz I was concerned with it being in my line of sight too. It's a flexible material kind of like those stick on bi-focals (if you've ever seen them) and only about as thick... so you could modify it so it's not as wide.. ??????

It's no worse then the side view mirrors as far as movement goes and I haven't drove in the dark yet... I don't imagine car lights will be a problem cuz it doesn't magnify if anything the image is reduced and you can't even see oncoming traffic..all you can see is the sky thru it. Street lights might go flash flash flash though... I'll try it tonight and find out.

This contraption may not be for everybody.. but what is...
Old 06-15-2006, 08:09 PM

I don't know. I kind of like the little hunchback that I'm forming. Looks cool. I thought it was going to be bigger than that from the picture. It's pretty small. It's bifoculs for your windshield
Old 06-15-2006, 09:24 PM

That's exactly what it is...

I just took a ride in the dark.. on coming traffic has no effect.. you can't see the cars in it.. if you keep looking at it you can see the street lights go by but is does not make them any brighter and it just looks like a reflection. There is a slight prism effect when you sit at a light but if you're not color blind you can still tell if it's red or green no problem. I also sat up high in the seat and you tall folk won't have any problem cuz with the slant of the windshield (away from you) the closer to the roof your head is the less of this thing you see.. in fact you may end up putting it a little lower on the glass. I'm not sorry I bought this thing at all... (unless it starts falling off of course).. I can't see any problem with it and it solves the not being able to see the traffic lights thing. One draw back is I've already had to explain what it was to a few people...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:26 PM

Can`t wait for a night vision report. My first impression was this BIG ugly sheet of plastic, but the pic show a non-intrusive, almost un-noticable tool, that almost should`ve been incorperated in the windshield .
Thanx Dnvachon, Good looking out B/B
Old 06-15-2006, 11:41 PM

It's kinda nice to be short, I don't have any problem seeing the traffic lights, my ultra short shifter is within reach, the door lock knobs aren't in my way....

Quick Reply: I can see those traffic lights now....