General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I just realized that I love my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:09 AM

I just realized that I love my car

I bought Blue on August 21, 2005.
Just got married on July 29, 2006.

1. There is no parking on the street in Providence between the hours of 1am and 7am. Our new place only has one narrow driveway...so we have to valet with the our upstairs neighbor. In short, I have to give my neighbors access to my car in case I block them in....AND I HATE IT. Imagine relaxing in your living room one evening only to hear your Airaid and Turbo IMCO fire up....and rev!!! THen look at the window at someone you've known for a matter of weeks...no...days even, take YOUR HHR in and out of the driveway. I've tried being the last one in at night and the first out in the morning, but the guy upstairs works crazy late night hours. I've had psychotic thoughts of catching somebody joyriding or discovering a cigarette burn or something. I can't describe the emotion...a recipe of shock, anger, disrespect...cooking in my body to create a cobbler of blind rage...but oh...you don't want any...

2.Thanks to Providence regulation and our narrow driveway, my wife gets blocked in and my Blue is at the end of the driveway. Wife takes my car to work and leaves me with the Jeep. Watching her drive away in Blue (who sounded great by the way!) was like watching my kid go to their first day of school; you hate letting go, but you knew you would have to do it sometime. It does hurt any less though...

*sigh*

I love my HHR. But don't cry for me...Im already dead inside.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:20 AM

lol! maybe you should trade the jeep in for another hhr?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:27 AM

id love to talk her into that one!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:51 AM

Go for it. They cheap in price, and cheap on gas.LOL
Old 08-16-2006, 10:43 AM

Appeal to her thrifty side...the HHR definitely gets better gas mileage...and gas sure isn't going to get any cheaper.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM

In answer to your question Karen...most auto insurance policies include in their definition of named insured a clause that extends coverage to anyone who drives the insured vehicle with permission of the owner, provided they are not a member of your household. If they are a member of the household, they should be listed on the policy as an additional driver and rated on a vehicle based on their age, driving record and usage of the vehicle.

This may vary from state to state, so it's best to check with the Department of Insurance in that particular state.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 PM

way to rub it in Karen

If they wreck it, scratch it, chip it....they will pay for the repair....if not, it definately grounds for a beatdown...its unwritten, but they know the deal
Old 08-17-2006, 12:33 AM

So do you get a key to their car in case they block you in? Maybe you should try to talk them into getting an M3
Old 08-17-2006, 09:04 AM

yeah...a 99 jetta complete with pounds of doghair, plaster splatter and paint buckets

Did I mention I keep my HHR pretty clean (especially the interior...its kept outdoors)?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 AM

You should move to South Boston. Fist fights have broken out over parking. It's like some sort of rite of passage. As for me, the 'burbs are nice. 2 driveways, plenty of parking.

Quick Reply: I just realized that I love my car