General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

If you ordered don't expect it anytime soon...

Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 PM

If you ordered don't expect it anytime soon...

GM is having major issues getting rail cars to the plant to deliver HHR's. Expect at least a month delay if not longer. I'm an employee and I can't even get mine, it's already been bought and paid for, was suppose to have shipped on the 31st of Oct, but it is still waiting. Damn I want my new car!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 05:17 PM

Yea I was told the same thing.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 AM

I wish I could get a straight answer on my HHR factory order!! I placed the order on 11/8 and seem to be getting a run around from both the dealer and GM CS. Answers vary from day to day. First it was "constraints" due to 17" wheel shortages. Then I became worried about the possibility of a Delphi strike (seems to have settled down for now). Now I see this about rail problems....

I am beginning to understand why GM is in so much trouble!

Anyone getting any definitive answers on their order??
Old 12-01-2005, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by JoeR
I wish I could get a straight answer on my HHR factory order!! I placed the order on 11/8 and seem to be getting a run around from both the dealer and GM CS. Answers vary from day to day. First it was "constraints" due to 17" wheel shortages. Then I became worried about the possibility of a Delphi strike (seems to have settled down for now). Now I see this about rail problems....

I am beginning to understand why GM is in so much trouble!

Anyone getting any definitive answers on their order??
It has to do with the rail cars. Basically from what I understand the transport compaines wanted more money to ship vehicles due to higher fuel costs, the hurricanes, etc. Ford and Dodge agreed GM didn't so GM inventory got back burnered by the transport companies. Mine was ordered at the end of Sept. and ready to be shipped on the 31st of Oct. and it still hasn't been loaded yet. I've already paid for it, my first payment is due the 2nd of Jan. I work at the dealer so I bother my salesman about it everyday. We are going to call GM this afternoon and see what the hold up is. If I have to make a payment before my car gets here, I'm gonna be pissed. I believe the whoel ordeal has been staightened out, but they are having a hard time catching up.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:46 AM

I called my salesman (so far a good guy to deal with) a while ago and asked for an update. Sent me an updated order copy with a TPW of 12/12.

Your post of the rail problem is the first I've heard of. Knowing GM, I wouldn't doubt it. Hopefully yours will get to you soon and mine won't get caught in a similar mess.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:16 PM

took 10.5 weeks to get mine
Old 12-01-2005, 04:32 PM

I had the dealer locate one that had the equipment I wanted. Had it in three days. I am still waiting for the optional floor mats. however. No mats but at least I have the car!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:22 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by GeeMac
I had the dealer locate one that had the equipment I wanted. Had it in three days. I am still waiting for the optional floor mats. however. No mats but at least I have the car!

Drove mine right of the lot on the same day. However I did have to wait
for 6 weeks to get my floor mats. If your HHR is supposed to have the cargo mat, make sure you get it, they tried to short me of mine.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:28 PM

All my mats and everything are here just waiting on the vehicle. The wait only pertains to you if you had one ordered not if the dealer located you one. I had to order because nobody had one equipped the way I want it. I did however get some info today. We contacted GM's business service center and were told that mine has been moved from the plant to the loading docks where it now waits for a container and then a boat ride into LA. If it makes a boat tomorrow I should see it in 12 days. I really want it before Christmas, but as long as it lands before I make a payment I'll be happy. Plus, I got a free I-pod when I bought it!!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:00 PM

Hmmmm...a boat ride to Arizona - that's a new one!

I'm in SoCal, and my HHR came in on a truck (from Mexico).

Hang in there...it'll show!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you ordered don't expect it anytime soon...