General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

i'm all red now

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 AM

i'm all red now

well i just replaced my back up lites with all red break lites. chev saw the need to make the a different size sooooooo a little grinding and the slid right in opps chev also made the hold in bracket smaller too oh the bulb sockets are different.. anything to make it harder
guess i'll have to hit up my local chevy dealer for the rest of the parts, it's zip tie for now i'd show pis but am not skilled enought to attach on this site wil try to add them to my foto section click on the camera icon on the left and it will show the new lites
Old 06-13-2010, 01:25 PM

Copy/paste the [img] code under the pic.....

I like this look, I want to do this as soon as I can afford extry lights....
Old 06-13-2010, 01:40 PM

tail lights

I too have swapped my backup lights for the reg lights. Looks cool. Aside from the cut and fit approach, it wasn't to bad. The problem has been replacing the backup lights. I tried the led sets and decided they didn't give enough light. My solution at this time is to mound a rectangular fog light under the bumper. It works, but I'm still looking for a better solution.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:17 PM

i don't back up after dark solvels the prob.....
Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 PM

Looks great. I love the all red on the blue.

I didn't grind metal though, I used lower buckets with upper lenses and modified them to use accept the upper bulbs

if you want to make the lowers into marker/brake/blinkers. the pigtail is not available through GM. I had to make my own. I now have all 4 working as marker/brake/blinkers. you can get another socket through GM pn 16530707

if you just want the lower to be a marker you can just jack the marker (brown wire?) on the uppers and use a 194 in place of the reverse bulb

I stuck 3/4" LED in with the reflectors.... keeps it legal
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 AM

Peevlos
how about a pic with the back up lights off. Or maybe a little more detail on how you did it, for those of us wanting to do the same
Old 06-14-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by HHorange
Peevlos
how about a pic with the back up lights off. Or maybe a little more detail on how you did it, for those of us wanting to do the same
Thanks but I don't wanna thread jack so heres a link to my thread... updated it with picks for the bulb/socket swap I did

EDIT: Doh! this might help https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods-exterior-55/oh-yea-i-did-my-tail-lights-too-28680/