General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I'm in "Premiere Edition" style

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:27 AM

I'm in "Premiere Edition" style

I could not help myself! The HHR in the "premiere" package totally got me. You may see in a few other threads that I was impressed enough by a test drive of a 2.2 HHR to scrounge around and rent an LT. Ran it through a typical weekend of Harry Homemaker and was sold. In the meantime, over the last few weeks I caught wind of the latest special "Premiere" ed. I couldn't tell much from the online pix but then I remembered seeing one on a truck at one of the dealers. It wasn't the one I wanted but at least I could see it through the showroom window...they were closed on a Sunday if you can believe it...good for them, wish I could've thrown them the biz, but I could drool throw the window. Last Friday I had already gone by another dealer who had one listed here in the San Fernando Vly. Sales person said it would be in Monday, and lo and behold it was, she called we did the deal...$22k + change/tax license...trade in arm wrestling, a little cash and not too bad financing on the rest, and it's in my garage. To me, this car in this color and package...6 CD/XM, Sunroof, side air bags added to the premiere + 2LT was the best of the seven I found available in Socal. A prefered silver HHR in a similar package could not be found except with black leather @ $1k more and 100 miles away...so as the Larry the cable guy says it was time to "get er done". This "capucino metallic frost" color is misnamed I think since it really comes off as a smoked beige or something NOT cappucino creme. It really picks up the black chrome and the heavier tinted windows. In some light it is grey, but almost aways "smokey" Love it, it's the most custom out the door car for this old Dawg. Hope you all can see one soon, and of course I hope this color doesn't become the new black <G>

Thanks for listening and all the valuable info you've provided.

Wilson

PS if I can learn to how to post pix I will but it really has to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 AM

Cool! Glad to hear ya found one you like.

Make sure to check those fuses under the hood!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:26 AM

I'll be checking them in the AM

THX
Wilson
Old 04-03-2007, 04:12 AM

I just last night e-mailed the internet manager at one of the big dealers here, asking when he will be getting a premiere edition, cappuchino frost in stock.
Can't wait to see the real thing.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:23 AM

I can't wait for mine to arrive. I ordered it about 2 weeks ago. I was told it should take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 AM

Good deal man...I love that color...I was gonna buy an Impala in 04 and if I ended up doing it, it would have been in that color.

Congrats!

Goose
Old 04-03-2007, 07:19 AM

Name:  congratsbigsmile-1.gif
Views: 16
Size:  10.6 KB on the new Premiere HHR. I just looked at one yesterday and you are right, you must see the color is person!!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:09 AM
jx3

Old 04-03-2007, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome. "Smoke" was born 03/07 according to the door sticker...do I have to VIN check for the exact day? Fuses are officially checked and yes i had to snug them all in Human style. I never had a chance to find out why you all suggest to do this and who knows how many other vehicles on the road are this way. Truthfully they weren't sloppy loose and I could see that the robot is set to this way so it doesn't stress the fuse box or whatever. This may seem like a simple thing but I like how easy and secure the fuse top box feels coming off and on. That ugly plastic intake cover has GOT to go ASAP. I like the aftermarket CGS intake so after break-in that WILL be going on...gotta see that VVT motor a bit better.

Wilson
Old 04-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Give your last 6 Numbers on your Vin in this thread Manufacture Date and PittsburghHHR will get your exact Manufacture Date.

Quick Reply: I'm in "Premiere Edition" style