General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Interesting information on my dealer's website

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:41 AM

Interesting information on my dealer's website

I just looked at my dealer's website and went to build an HHR. There is NO option on there for running boards at all.
I think I will mention this when I go to them with my information and such. They don't even offer them! You have to dig deep and onto the actual Chevy site to see that the running boards are even available.

Here is the link. If you see the option, please let me know. I tried both the 1 and 2 LT. They just don't have it. I might be missing it though. I know it says other options MIGHT be available.....

http://www.baydo.com/en_US/Model.asp...del=HHR&T=7058
Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Banned

Dig deep on the Chevy website? If you hit the standard and optional tab on the HHR homepage it's the 11th item down. It takes two clicks from to get there from the Chevy homepage. If you build a HHR on the Chevy site there is an option box you can click for the running boards. Maybe your dealer shouldn't have implemented their own build a vehicle and just used the one Chevy provides.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:03 AM

I agree CH. I am thinking of mentioning it to them when I go to them with the sandblasting/chipping problems. I truly would have gotten them (as ugly as they are) if I had known that they were available and needed to protect the car.
I would probably just park it if I had another vehicle to drive. But it is my only car.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Dig deep on the Chevy website? If you hit the standard and optional tab on the HHR homepage it's the 11th item down. It takes two clicks from to get there from the Chevy homepage.
Hey Capt., that's for the rear bumper.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jx3
Hey Capt., that's for the rear bumper.
http://www.chevrolet.com/hhr/features/

11th item down.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:15 AM

Capt. is right. He was referring to chevy.com....not the dealer site I gave you.
Anyway, I am done crying and moaning. I just HATE confrontation and know I am going to have to deal with this at the dealer again. I just hope the more "ammo" I have, the less I will have to actually pay.
LOL..think they will finance them for me? HAHA
Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
jx3

Sorry, thought you were refering to Angels posted link.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Angel N Tinkerbell
I agree CH. I am thinking of mentioning it to them when I go to them with the sandblasting/chipping problems. I truly would have gotten them (as ugly as they are) if I had known that they were available and needed to protect the car.
I would probably just park it if I had another vehicle to drive. But it is my only car.
I was the opposite when I bought my HHR. I liked the look of the running boards so I wouldn't have bought my HHR without them. Then they ended up being practical and useful. I stand on them when I clean my HHR, they help minimize the chips in the area everyone complains about (I still have a few chips in the area about even with boards and splash guards), and my just about 4 year old daughter uses them to get in and out of the HHR herself. Even if you don't like the looks I'll bet the boards will grow on you once you have them.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 AM

I stand on them when I clean my HHR...

WHAT!!!

I had no idea they were sturdy enough to stand on!!!

I always thought they were automotive "eye-candy" and helped prevent road "sandblastining" and doordings... I had no idea I could actually stand on them.

Are you serious? They are that strong?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
WHAT!!!

I had no idea they were sturdy enough to stand on!!!

I always thought they were automotive "eye-candy" and helped prevent road "sandblastining" and doordings... I had no idea I could actually stand on them.

Are you serious? They are that strong?
I'm currently about 180 lbs. give or take and they hold my weight fine. At 5’7” I have to stand on my running boards and grab a roof rail to clean the center of my roof.

Quick Reply: Interesting information on my dealer's website